Chapter 12

The spring is cold and precipitous, mixed with the slightest drizzle to moisten the earth.

There was a simple carriage driving on the official road, with a string of wind chimes hanging from the eaves of the carriage, which rattled as he walked.

Lu Feiyue lifted the curtain of the car and watched the drizzle, feeling worried.

They had a mission to go to Cangzhou, and it happened that the detoxification herbs Li Ruoshui needed were also in Cangzhou.

The carriage has been running for two days. Tonight is March 15th, and it is also the first night of Li Ruoshui's poisoning.

Lu Feiyue and Jiang Nian were both worried and a little guilty.

After all, it was they who let Li Ruoshui lead the way. If something went wrong during the period, they felt that they had some responsibility.

The atmosphere in the car was not solemn. Apart from Lu Zhiyao who was sleeping unsurprisingly, Li Ruoshui also stared at the spring rain outside the window, completely forgetting the sadness of the day when he was poisoned and his eyes were red and swollen.

Lu Feiyue patted her shoulder with a serious look: "Don't worry, Cangzhou has fire grass, your poison won't last long."

Li Ruoshui smiled back at Lu Feiyue and patted her hand in relief.

"Sister Lu, you don't have to blame yourself. This is my own choice, and it has nothing to do with you."

Jiang Nian, who was beside him, thought of how dejected she looked on the day she was poisoned, and couldn't help but leaned over and asked her.

"You were so sad before, why is it like nothing is happening now? I heard that the poison is very powerful."

Lu Feiyue covered his mouth, glared at him, and turned to Li Ruoshui with an apologetic smile: "He has a bad mind, don't take it to heart."

"It's fine." Li Ruoshui was inexplicably cold, and put down the windshield: "I was afraid at first, but nothing happened for the past two days, so I naturally relaxed."

By the way, she pointed her finger at Lu Zhi, who didn't know if she was sleeping or sleeping: "He said that he had been poisoned before, and there was nothing particularly uncomfortable except the cold spot."

Li Ruoshui had read the original book and heard Lu Zhiyao's story of poisoning, and his heart had already relaxed a lot.

After all, in the book, he didn't see too much pain when he was injured, but he just covered an extra layer of quilt.

Lu Feiyue shook her head in disapproval: "I can't be careless, I can't stay in the carriage tonight, I have to find a place to rest."

Li Ruoshui nodded, but his mind was not on this.

Compared with poisoning, she is more worried about the gambling appointment with Lu Zhiyao.

Logically speaking, she must have won, but this person doesn't play cards according to the routine, what should she do if she insists on swallowing the sword?

The man beside him who seemed to be asleep suddenly moved, his eyelashes trembled slightly, as if he was about to open in the next second.

Li Ruoshui looked into his eyes, remembered his childhood, and couldn't help sighing.

When I was young, my temperament was a little distorted, and when I grew up, it became even more distorted.

And he curled his lips and smiled like his mother. Could this be the power of blood?

"You're looking at me again."

Lu Chi, leaning against the wall of the car, moved slightly, and spread out the front of his clothes, revealing the small mole on his collarbone.

Some people are born with chain bones and look good.

Li Ruoshui looked away and replied as usual: "Yes, you look good."

For some reason, she always promised him this, so that she would turn her head to look at him when she had nothing to do. It was almost a habit of hers.

The spring breeze blew into the car along the curtain of the car, the rain was much lighter, and it was dense like fog beads.

It won't rain tonight.

The carriage swayed forward, pressed through the quagmire, pressed through the grass, and finally stopped in front of a ruined temple.

They are resting here tonight.

The temple was in disrepair for a long time, with several holes in the roof, and water accumulated in several places in the temple. Several people went to the open space in front of the Buddhist altar to rest.

They lit the dry wood they had picked up and baked cakes and steamed buns in a circle.

After a day's drive, Li Ruoshui and the others were already hungry.