Chapter 23

Zheng Mansion is very strictly guarded, except for his own family, everyone needs to go in and out.

Even if Zheng Yanqing and Zheng Mei wanted to bring people into the Zheng residence, they had to inform Madam Zheng first, let alone Li Ruoshui.

She stood at the door with Lu Zhiyao, waiting for the servant to come in and report.

After a while, not only the servant, but also Zheng Mei, the eldest lady of the Zheng family, came.

She was obviously dressed up carefully, with plum blossoms painted on her forehead and snow gauze covering her body. She swayed and moved automatically when she walked, carrying a fairy spirit.

Zheng Mei stopped in front of the two of them and raised his chin slightly to look at them.

"A stranger comes into the manor to ask questions."

Li Ruoshui looked at her suspiciously, then nodded.

She always felt that there was something wrong with Zheng Mei. Yesterday, she asked her where she was located, and she went to find someone this morning.

Could it be that she saw that the road was far away?

"Where does your family live? Who are there? Are you married?"

When Li Ruoshui heard Zheng Mei's question, the question in his heart was answered, and he immediately looked at Zheng Mei with a bit of admiration.

Zheng Mei's appearance is cold and beautiful, but it is different from Lu Feiyue's cold and beautiful.

Lu Feiyue has a touch of warmth hidden under her cold beauty, while Zheng Mei has an unconcealed arrogance in her coldness.

Even the question at this moment has a condescending connotation.

"Me?" Lu Zhiyao rubbed the empty paper package in the palm of his hand and smiled a little: "I'm an orphan."

In just four words, all of Zheng Mei's questions were blocked.

Zheng Mei frowned subconsciously when she heard this condition, but she felt relieved when she thought that such a family background was easy to handle.

After she looked up and down the road, she showed a satisfied smile, and then gave them a place.

"go in."

Li Ruoshui raised his foot and crossed the threshold, but Lu Zhizhi still stood there and didn't move.

He had a smile that was a bit warmer than the sun in April, making Zheng Mei Xiaolu jump around.

"Forget it this time. Next time you look at me like this, I'll dig out your eyes."

Li Ruoshui's eyebrows jumped, and he hurried forward to press his arm: "He's joking, we still have something to do, so I won't stay."

Zheng Mei looked at Li Ruoshui's hurried footsteps, and couldn't help but sneer, the arrogance between his brows was undoubtedly revealed.

Only people like them are so cautious, how can such words scare her, she is Zheng Mei, and she has countless masters, and he would not dare to give him a hundred courage.

However, only a man of this color is worthy of her.

"It's really a wink for the blind." She touched the flower between her brows and turned to support the maid next to her: "Forget it, it's nothing to be blind when you look like that. Go and talk to your mother about it."

Zheng Yanqing's room is in the Dongyuan. The road is not far, but there are many twists and turns, and it takes several turns. Moreover, they are the only ones living here in the Dongyuan, which is very deserted.

The people I encountered the most along the way were some patrolling people.

"These people are really useless. They patrol every night, and they never catch those who pretend to be ghosts."

Li Ruoshui recited a few words and led Lu Zhi into the room.

Zheng Yanqing reads here every day, but it is not a classic, mostly travel notes and anecdotes.

"Miss Li, you're back..."

Zheng Yanqing put down the book in his hand, and stopped when he saw the road behind her: "Who is this?"

"His surname is Lu, and he's a friend I invited to hunt ghosts."

Li Ruoshui replied casually, took Lu Zhi to the table, and handed him a piece of almond cake.

"Try it now, this is the best pastry made by their Zheng residence."

Li Ruoshui was inexplicably relieved that the sorbet handed to him just now had been eaten, and wished to feed him more.

This is probably the joy of keeping pets.

The faint milky fragrance was brought to his lips. Lu Zhizhi originally didn't want to eat it, but for some reason, he opened his mouth and took it in.

The taste of milk and almonds mixed, filling the tongue, accompanied by Li Ruoshui's mumbling voice, Lu Zhi couldn't help raising the corners of his lips and relaxing his shoulders and neck.

He turned his head slightly to the left and "looked" at Li Ruoshui, his hair like Momo vaguely covered his left eye, revealing a straight nose bridge and fan-like eyelashes. as gentle as possible.

"Don't let Young Master Zheng discuss it?"

Li Ruoshui: "..."
Why did he say this so strangely?