Chapter 20

The bride entered the bridal chamber, and the groom had to keep a toast here.

But Zheng Yanqing was not in good health, so he could only use tea instead of wine, serving them table by table.

Lu Zhiyao didn't touch the food at the wedding banquet, just peeled off the crisp candies one by one, and ate one after another as if they were not tired.

The child sitting next to him was eating duck meat and glanced at him from time to time.

Lu Zhiyao looks beautiful and eats deliciously, completely hooking up the child's greed.

But he inexplicably felt that this person was a little scary, so he didn't dare to talk to him. Seeing that he couldn't see with his eyes closed, he boldly reached out and touched a halva.

"Want to eat candy?"

Lu Zhiyao reached out and grabbed the child's hand with a gentle smile.

Seeing his smile, the child relaxed and nodded, "I want to eat."

Lu Zhiyao turned to face him, with a lump of halva bulging out of his left cheek, he looked extremely harmless.

"I seem to be in a bad mood. So, if you give me a finger, I'll give you a candy when I'm happy, how about that?"

He took out a shiny dagger from his sleeve, and twirled it between his fingers to play with it. The streamer of light from the dagger flashed across the child's eyes.

The child looked at the knife in his hand and was so frightened that the duck's legs fell to the ground.

Lu Zhiyao heard the movement, put the dagger back, and sighed helplessly.

"It's boring."

He continued to eat halva, tapping his fingertips on the table.

It seemed that he finally thought of something. He put the remaining halva in his arms, took the blind stick on the side and walked out, his steps were much lighter.

*

Li Ruoshui lay on the couch clutching his stomach, hungry and sleepy.

Seeing that the sun was almost setting outside the window, she hadn't eaten anything yet.

Are married people not human?

Just when she was bored looking at the window, a group of people were suddenly welcomed outside.

She rolled over and sat up, looking out through the paper window, only to see Zheng Yanqing and the servant girl behind him slowly walking towards the room.

Li Ruoshui pulled up her skirt and sat down on the bed, and the door was pushed open as she sat by the bed.

Zheng Yanqing smiled apologetically at her, and stepped forward to sit beside her.

The servant girl behind them was carrying the food and dried fruits. After they arranged the food, they stood in a row in front of the two of them.

Li Ruoshui looked at them and couldn't remember what the process was.

"What is this..."

Two of the maids came forward, each holding a dried fruit plate containing dried dates and peanuts.

"I wish the young master and young lady an early birth of a precious son, and a good life for a hundred years."

As soon as she finished speaking, she threw all the dried fruits in her hands.

Looking at the two trays of dried fruits with high hills, Li Ruoshui closed his eyes reflexively and remembered the process of this "blessing".

Where is this blessing, obviously there is hatred!

The dry and hard nuts landed on the clothes and the bed, making a thumping sound, which was so painful that just listening to it.

It's nothing to hit the body, I'm just afraid of hitting the face.

Li Ruoshui closed his eyes the whole time and grabbed the skirt with his hands.

In such a situation, the most fearful thing is not being hit, but the nervousness about being hit.

What kind of marriage is this? This is clearly a punishment.

Seeing that the sky was getting dark, the maid seemed to be afraid of missing the auspicious time, but she couldn't fall directly, so she had to speed up the frequency of blessings.

"I wish the young master and young lady an early birth of a precious son, and a hundred years of harmony..."

The maid smashed while talking. Although she paid attention to the direction, she could not help but slap her face—

Hit Zheng Yanqing in the face.

Zheng Yanqing was in a daze, several red marks had been smashed on her face. Li Ruoshui closed her eyes and was nervous, but none of them hit her in the face.

After the two trays of dried fruit were finally smashed, the maids breathed a sigh of relief, saluted them, and left here in a hurry.

Li Ruoshui opened his eyes, patted his chest happily, and said after the disaster.

"Fortunately, I didn't get hit in the face."

When she turned to look at Zheng Yanqing, she couldn't help laughing: "You are so miserable."

Zheng Yanqing not only had red marks on his face, but also had a few peanuts on his hair, looking in a state of embarrassment.

"I foresaw today's situation yesterday." Zheng Yanqing pointed to the food on the table: "Do you want to eat some?"

"Okay, I happen to be hungry too."

When Li Ruoshui got up, her hand was slapped. She picked up the thing and couldn't help twitching the corner of her mouth.

"It's fine with dates and peanuts, but you still sprinkle halva?"

In her hand was a small piece of broken candy, with sharp edges and corners, with a sweet fragrance.

Li Ruoshui's attitude and tone of speech are too natural, Zheng Yanqing not only has less embarrassment, but strangely more intimacy between brothers.

"No." He turned to look at the bed, and paused for a moment: "... There are quite a few more."

On the red bed, there were many pieces of halva scattered between the dried dates and peanuts, which looked very conspicuous.

"Fortunately, I'm fine."