Pathetic

I pulled away from Hotch's arms, before I let go he gave my hand a quick squeeze.

"Oh, honey you made it! Excuse me Hotch, I'd like to dance with my husband now." Closing my eyes as I said the word husband, it pained me.

Andrew and I began to dance in silence. I couldn't take it. "I'm glad you made it, Andy. Thank you for coming."

"Yeah, I told you I'd be here, didn't I?" He sighed, trying to focus on his footing.

I could've easily started a fight, "You did. You look really handsome, the suit is perfect on you!"

"Thanks, you look..." He looks me up and down quickly, "good."

Ouch!

We danced a little while longer, as the song ended everyone headed back to the tables as the second course was about to begin. The team says hi to Andrew and he gives them a polite hello. In the team, we all knew each other's spouses and vice versa, but Andrew was acting as if he barely knew them. Whatever, I'm going to enjoy tonight.

"So, Andrew, I hear that Grace is doing really well in school. Y/n was telling us how she was getting gold stars left and right!" JJ said.

He scratched the back of his neck, "Oh? Yeah, yeah she is..."

"Thank god you're there to help her with her sentence structure because Y/n would just butcher it!" Reid chuckled.

"Spencer Reid, I have half the mind to pull you by your ear!" I said, laughing.

"Well, that's mostly her Aunts doing," Andrew looked into his glass of champagne and sucked on his teeth.

"That's great! I bet you're both excited about the school transfer though! This way Grace can be with all of our boys and closer to headquarters!" JJ smiled.

All of the sudden, Andrew stands from his chair quickly, causing it to fall. We all look at him bewildered.

"You wanna tell me why your 'family' knows more about my daughter than I do? You're pathetic Y/n!" He says and then storms away.

The team looked at me, each and every one of them with a different expression. I want to cry, but thank god for the feeling of anger! I stood up but as I did, so did Derek, Emily, Hotch, and JJ. Rossi was glaring at the man walking away.

"Nope! Stay back, please. This is nothing compared to last week." I walk away.

I hear some of the team gasp at my statement. Emily and JJ had informed them about our most recent fights. Hoping to help me in some sort of way. I walk into the hallway to find my husband leaning his head against the wall.

"What the hell was that!? Andrew! The things they were saying are things I've been telling you for weeks now! Why are you acting like this? What else do you need me to do?" I yelled.

"Can you tell I'm a little frustrated?" He picked up his head and stared into my eyes.

"Well, so am I." I threw my hands up in the air.

"I feel like you've been avoiding me." He raised his voice.

I gasped, "Me, avoiding you!?"

"Y-Your avoiding us," he stuttered out.

"Oh, really!" I raised my brows and shook my head.

He made sure he pointed out an example, "You're always on a case, it would just be nice if you stayed home for once."

I scoffed, "I wouldn't be much fun, honey... I don't drink."

"Well, you have to have something to wash down a frozen dinner!" He spat and I gasped.