chapter 4.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 
chapter 4
rule 4. don't do too much if Aman gives you attention
10am in NYC
Kori's POV

I was woken up by my phone ringing.

I grabbed around for it before pressing answer.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Give me one good reason as to why I shouldn't whoop your black ass." My mom said in a firm tone.

"Bro I just woke up what did I do?"

"Don't bro me? I'm not one of your little friends. IT IS A SCHOOL DAY! WHY ARE YOU NOT AT SCHOOL?!?!! WHY AM I GETTING A CALL SAYING "KORI ISNT HERE."

"Oh fuck!" I said getting up and pausing. "I mean oh dang."

"Yeah sure. Get your ass up, you need to be at school."

"Okay, okay I'm going."

"Bye mama, love you."

"Bye Kori Foster." She said before ending the call. My government is crazy.

I got up out of bed and went downstairs to get some breakfast. See if my dad was here I wouldn't be late. But noooo he wanna go take Jamely to an appointment and then on a stroll through the park or something and then shopping.

I only know this cuz he sent me a text about it.

I went downstairs and grabbed some Froot Loops. Eating that up while watching Liyah Li on YouTube.

mom<3- if I don't see you leaving the house on our ring camera I am going to take your phone, and you will not be going to Willow's party down in Manhattan

me-😟😟

I finished eating right quick and threw on a pair of blue jeans, a nike 1/2 zip running top and my 270's. Took my hair out the bonnet and my edges wasn't too shabby so I dashed out the house.

Look it's something about sprinkling baby hairs on a hairstyle that just pulls everything together.

me- see I'm on my way to the bus stop😸

mom<3- Kori get your black ass on

me-😒

When I walked into school the halls were empty as hell. I decided to go to the bathroom and check how I was looking.

When I opened it I was met with a bunch of smoke.

"Hotboxing in the school bathroom is wild." I mumbled under my breath before seeing the girls that were smoking in front of the mirror.

Yeah I'm not asking them to move. If I go there, they might stare at me while I look in the mirror.

And I don't like that.

So I left and opened my phone camera.

I looked in the camera as I walked down the hall.

That's when someone bumped into me and I fell on down.

After a second of realizing what the actually fuck happened. I realized that I didn't bust my damn forehead on the grimy school floor. I lifted my head up seeing that it was resting in someone's chest.

I used my hands to lift myself up realizing it was Samir.

"How did this even happen?" I asked getting up slowly.

"I was skateboarding through the hall and didn't see you." He stated putting his hands out and I pulled him up.

"What would possess you to skateboard through the fucking halls."  I said mugging him looking for my phone. I'm really blind but I don't like wearing my glasses like that. The one day I forget my contacts.

A second later he stood in front of me with my phone. My clear case and screen protector did me right.

I saw him pick up his skateboard limping and shit.

"Are you good?" I asked as he turned to me.

"Not gone lie. The back of my head hurts. And my leg. You was finna fall on the back of yo head but I grabbed yo ass and turned us around."

"What a great act of hospitality." I said rolling my eyes.

"Always got a damn attitude Kori. Anyways take me the the nurseeeeeee." I just ignored him and kept on walking.

"Koriiiiiii." He repeated walking alongside me. No backpack just his skateboard beside him.

Looking at him foreal, he's kinda cute with his dreads.

"So you gone take me to the nurse or what."

"I can walk you up but after that I'm going to class." He sighed before continuing to follow me. We walked upstairs at just as we were about to go down the hall he looked at me wide-eyed.

"Wait you gotta wait for me, I'm gone get in trouble for having my skateboard."

"Samir this sounds like a personal issue." I shrugged continuing down the hall but he snatched me by my bookbag.

"Damn. I don't even know you like that. Deal with your own shit." I said getting more bothered.

"Well fuck. Bye Kori." He pushed by me and walking to the nurse.

Why did that kind of hurt me yet I'm the one who told this boy to get on????

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
at home 4pm

"Kori!" I heard someone say and I assumed it was Samir yet again. But was surprised when it was Aman.

I mean I was a lil dissatisfied by the fact that Samir hasn't come up to me since morning but then again this is fucking AMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNMMNNNNNNNNNN.

"Ugh hey." I said once he sat across from me.

Lord knows how much I've wanted to talk to him...but now that he's here I don't know what to say.

"How you doing?"

"I'm good, what about you." I said trying to slightly smile.

"I'm chillin. I saw your post."

"I mean yeah it's public account. We follow each other." I said slightly laughing.

"I know that obviously. I mean that I saw it and you looked really nice."

"Oh! Thanks!" Yo I'm really trying not to cheese right now.

"Your hair looks nice today." I complimented him before looking back at my book.

"Thanks. What're you reading?"

"It's called the Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur. Filled with tons of poems."

"You ever though of writing poems?"

"Yeah I write them sometimes. It's relaxing."

"I'd stay longer but my friends is calling for me. So bye, Kori." He smiled getting up.

"Bye Aman." I said before looking back at my phone.

I was so geeked at that lil interaction I had to tell myself to relax. I was doing too much.

~<^•*>^~.•°*++<*.•

much love to y'all🌐💕

vote and comment!!!!!!