chapter 12.

Hey besties. This chapter has mentions of a suicide attempt and drug overdose!!!! So be warned!!!!

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 
chapter 12
rule 12. always be there for your friends
4pm in NYC
Kori's POV

"So give me the rundown." I asked Aman as we were on a ft call.

"Ughhhhhh, I don't wanna talk about that."

"Bro tell me what the fuck," I started getting restless. He sighed before adjusting the placement of his phone.

"At first I commented under your picture because you were pretty, still are. And I always saw you by yourself and was like hmmm maybe she's actually cool but in a lil mysterious moment right now."

"So the party wasn't your initial goal???"

"Nah that's what I'm tryna tell you. Listennnn." I put my hands up in defense.

"Then I started chatting with you are whatever and I told my friends. And they was like ohhhhh if you talking to her try to get friends with her right quick so we can fasho go to da party."

"Cuz God know all of them niggas are obsessed with Willow." I said rolling my eyes.

"At first Ian wanna do it but they was getting annoying and restless. And then that became like the little half goal or whatever to get into da party. But now they all mad at me cuz now I'm most def not in and neither are they." I was laughing at that because if they had just asked Willow she probably would have said yes.

"Niggas lucked outta da party. Embarrassing," I shook my head before taking a sip of my water.

"KORIIII!!!!" My mom yelled and I called back saying yes...

No response.

I went on mute and left my room right quick.

"Yes my beautiful wonderful muva?" I said smiling as I walked down the stairs.

"Stop the antics. Can you give Jamely his bottle, he's getting restless. Take him upstairs with you too I don't wanna hear crying right now." She was making some curry chicken.

I nodded before picking up Jamely and getting his bottle before heading upstairs.

I took my earphones out of my phone and set it up.

"I'm literally his favorite sister." I said as I started to feed him.

"You're his only sister..."

"Ok and? I'm still his favorite sister."

"Oooohhhh Audrey tryna ft me, bye Kori." He said before banging the phone.

Niggas...smh.

A while after I decided that I should talk to Jamely as I say do. Update him on what's going on.

"Aight so Jamely let me tell you!!"

"So my man's Aman bagged him a girl. I wished that I was her for a while before realizing like I don't really care anymore. Cuz we good friends. And we're good as friends!" He made a little noise.

"I knowwwww, I knowww. You still mad cause I talk to him still. But like stay outta my African American business you little light bright."

"Back to what I was sayingggggg! So now it's like I don't even really got a crush like dat. Having a crush is kind of fun you know." I took the bottle out his mouth and saw the lil milk spit bubbles. My lil cutie.

"But I don't know, these niggas just don't be giving out here. I mean there's Samir but I don't know if I see him like that."

"Or that he sees me like that."