chapter 17.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 
chapter 17
rule 17. Put on that smile even when you don't feel that way
3pm in NYC
Kori's POV

I crashed onto my floor after closing my door. Knees to my chest, head on my knees.

I successfully got through another day of pretending to be happy and chill. When really I felt like a was on a fucking time bomb.

Trying to get past Aman has been a lot harder then I though. I thought that it would be quick and easy. The first day was terrible I thought it would get better after that.

It just got worse.

I though I detached from him and then boom at night everything hit. It was an annoying concept.

I was failing miserably and I felt like I could not talk to anyone about it.

Carmen would tell me I should've left him from the first time. But I can't go back in time.

Willow would just drag me to different places and parties to get my mind off him. And I don't even like people.

And those were my only choices.

I definitely couldn't tell Samir. We have been really good because I've kept everything in. And if I tell him I'll feel like the most terrible person in the world. But if I don't tell him then I'll also feel bad for not telling him how I truly feel or felt at the time.

I want to get over Aman for me. I'm tired of thinking about him when nothing is going to happen and I don't even want anything to happen. But my stupid brain tends to keep holding onto connections...and for what?!?!?!

Time went by fast. Soon it was 10pm. Everyone is asleep.

I don't sneak out. Im afraid for my life.

But then again I just need to get out of here. Not just for some silly ass boy. But really just needed a break from everything and everyone. Including myself; more specifically my mind.

I got dressed in some jeans and a black hoodie. It isn't too cold outside.

I grabbed my essentials before heading out. And by that I meant sneaking out through my window.

The distance between the ground and my room was kind of wild. But I could do it.

And I did fall but it only hurt for like a second or two. Then I was back on my feet.

And that nigga homies really ain't his homies
I got red homies, I got blue homies
Yeah, I got the gun, and it shoot homies
Yeah, I got them crash dummies, they my new homies

I was running fast as hell to the train station. I was not gonna get snatched up. Plus this song and it being night just did something to me.

I jumped the turnstile and got on the train. From the Bronx allllll the way to fucking Brooklyn. I was somewhat familiar with the area.

I walked around the area a bit trying to figure out where to go first.

"Kori?" I heard and turned seeing someone.