chapter 61.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 
chapter 61
rule 61. trying things out of your comfort zone are important
10am in NYC
Kori's POV

"Merry Christmas Samir," I grumbled over the phone.

It was Christmas Day and we had stayed up on the phone overnight. It was 10am and Samir has already been up for a while.

I was delightfully woken upon by Sayna's loud singing of Mariah Carey.

"Merry Christmas my love," he said putting up the camera.

"ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMASSS IS YOUUUU!!!" She scream sang.

"Kori, Sayna has gotten real comfortable with talking and louder at that. Now she don't know how to act and she being real expressive on the daily."

"I know, she woke me up."

"But I'm happy though, this is big for her." He said as I was still cuddled up under my sheets.

"I'm excited to see what you got me Kori," he smiled into the camera.

"Same. But honestly whatever you get me I'm gonna love regardless. As long as you put thought and love into it."

"Is that Kori on the phone?" I heard Sayna go and a few seconds later her cute face went up on the camera. She was dressed in a pink matching flannel set along with a hello kitty spa headband. She be dressed down foreal.

"Hi pretty girl," I said moving my face in the camera although I looked a damn mess with this bonnet on.

"Hi Kori. Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas! When are you opening your gifts?"

"I don't know. Ask your husband." She said smirking. I saw Samir's eyes widen and I did the same.

"Sayna baby where are you learning that kind of language?!?!" I laughed. "Me and Samir are not married."

"But don't you guys kiss and stuff," she asked with a confused look on her face. Samir's head fell back as he laughed.

"Kori but your mom and daddy are married and they kissed at da pumpkin patch. So aren't you guys married?" Her reasoning is really in depth too.

Shit she should've been talking more before because she's killing me right now.

"But there are different stages of relationships."

"But friends don't kiss. So it's either friends or married. Pick!" She exclaimed.

"Mama we're dating." Samir said looking to her.

"Isn't dating like the day it is? So what does that have to do with kissing?" I bust out laughing at that.

"Sayna don't worry about relationships and dating and stuff." I replied finally getting out of my bed.

"Mannnnnn." Sayna sighed crossing her arms.

"Sayna go back to singing Mariah Carey, I'm sick of you," Samir laughed before she moved from the camera and started singing again.

"What's the hairstyle?" Samir asked as I took my hair from my bonnet.

"Ughhh prolly a ponytail with two things on the sides. I'm not going to do so much because I'm just opening gifts and eating. And no Philly for me because I was keeping secrets, soooo my moms the only one going."

"I still can't believe she not letting you go like you got pregnant or sum. Just because you helped your cousin you're getting fucked over."

"I'm still pissed at her about that. Dad tried to reason with her too but she's being strange." I shrugged putting up my hair.