chapter 21.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 
chapter 21
rule 21. its hard, but you can't let people keep taking advantage of you
12pm in NYC
Samir's POV

It felt weird walking into the apartment building. I had been at my aunt's for a long time. She suggested me visiting my Dad on the weekend. And bringing Roscoe.

He had been staying with me at my aunts place. Sayna cried because she was afraid. But after a few days she was cool. Now she be chilling with him.

I took the elevator and Roscoe was full of energy,

"Roscoe, Roscoe. Chill lil nigga." I chuckled to myself before he relaxed a bit. But the second we got to the floor...and the elevator opened...he was running and barking down the hall.

I asked Kori if she wanted to come with me and she said that if she wakes up early then she would. But I texted her and she didn't respond. She's probably still sleep. So I let her.

I unlocked the door and saw my dad sitting at the chair eating breakfast.

Roscoe jumped out my arms with his leash dragging behind him as he started running to Dad.

"Ohhhhh Roscoe," he laughed taking off his leash.

I closed the door back and took off my shoes before walking over just as Roscoe finally got done.

"How is it with your aunt?" He asked hugging me.

"It's nice up there foreal."

"How have you been?" I asked sitting down next to him.

"I'm alright." He sighed for a second. "I've had better days though."

"You took your meds and you're getting on your call right?" I asked and he nodded in response.

"You didn't take them, I can tell." He looked at me puzzled.

"I've been taking care of you for years, I know this kind of stuff." I got up and walked into his room before getting them.

I put them out in front of him and he put his head in his hands.

"I mean, if you knew I was coming over you could've at least tried to make it seem like you were actually doing the right stuff." He ignored me before taking them. He picked up his food stuff and sat on the couch turning on the television.

This is why I don't believe shit he says.

"Your mom-"

"It's too early for this Dad." I cut him off.

"I don't even know why you came over Samir."

"I came over to check up on my Dad who was recently in the hospital for an overdose. The one who said he was gonna change and stop always mentioning my mom every second because it hurts me. The one who I believed again, even though you never change." He didn't respond. I grabbed a bag of chips before going in my room and locking the door.

My room was kind of a mess. He hadn't bothered to clean it up with the rest of the house.

I turned on Something in the Way- Nirvana and blasted that while chilling in my bed.