2| Some old memories

Closing down my patients file after our last session, I gave her a big smile as I slid the file across the desk to her

"So we completed our last session successfully. Congratulations you were amazing throughout it."

She gives me a smile, "Thank you so much Dr. Khanzada, god has really blessed you with a calm mind that helps others, And I really am thankful for you for saving my life."

I waved my hand at her, "Come on seinna, we all know we can't do anything until we are sure about it, every person saves themselves, you saved yourself. I thought we were way past on appreciating ourselves?"

"Yes we are, I am proud of myself for stopping from taking my own life, but only because you fused my brain. So thank you. You have no idea how much you have helped me." Her eyes glisten and I gave her a warm smile.

"I mean if it helps to pay my bills..." I shrug feigning nonchalant.

Seinna chuckles taking out her phone from her purse, "That must be my fiancé." She mumbled getting up from her seat.

I walk her to the door, before leaving she says,
"Oh and don't forget about my wedding, you got the card, and you are coming, doc."

"Of course I am." I nod, "Anything for free food."

She laughs exiting my office with a final goodbye, watching through the glass doors I see her making her way towards her fiancé, Mark who has always joined seinna for her sessions, patiently waited for her in the lobby and after the sessions when she goes out, without any questions he grabs her hand and with a kiss on her forehead takes her out from the clinic.

This is love. And after what seinna had faced she deserves this kind of love.

Rounding my desk I flop down on my chair and lean back closing my eyes.

Doctors are always praised for saving lives, treating so that one's health stays intact. Physical damage could be cured, but sometimes what cannot be cured is mental damage. To understand the human mind and tackle it healthy is a major game. But when you help someone knowing you cured their thinking, their thoughts is the biggest achievement.

Every time when a patient comes to me, revealing their traumas, they indirectly hand me their responsibility of curing a human's biggest friend and foe, brain.

There are some days where I love my job and some days when I hate it.

Today looking at seinna's progress, I love my job.

The sound of intercom filtered my thoughts, still keeping my eyes closed I grabbed the intercom and answered it,

"Good afternoon sir, you have one more appointment left for the day." Grace, the receptionist of the clinic said.