Epilogue [Yousuf & Mina]

ONE YEAR LATER

ONE YEAR LATER

Destiny is a weird thing.

You don't understand the beauty of it until you pass through all the hard tests to reach the gift awaiting you.

It's all about patience.

The day you get the reward of your patience is the day you realise the obstacles you had to face was worth it.

For instance how a year ago I was depressed, alone and used to take out my anger by aggressive running in the park.

And now, all I feel is relief and calm.

Just like the fingers which are caressing my bare arm.

A whole body shiver wracks through me and I snuggle against the warm sheets.

The warmth behind my back moves closer to me, until we both breath the same air.

The hairs resting on the nape of my neck are moved aside, letting the warm air hit my neck.

Lips moves against the column of my throat, making me fist the sheets tightly in my grip.

I feel his smile on my neck as he places open mouth kisses on my bare shoulder.

I release a soft moan as fireworks explode on my skin wherever he leaves the trail of his mouth.

His mouth moves to my ear, "Good morning, Wife."

I open my eyes and look at my handsome husband, He grins as at my dazed expression.

I take in his appearance, his hair more messy than usual, his kind eyes shining bright like the morning sun.

Oh and he is shirtless, his delicious abs on display and half of his body covered under the sheets.

He props his elbow beside my head, his fingers moving away the strands of my hairs away from my face.

"Morning, husband." I smile.

He smiles and leans down to brush a kiss on my forehead. "Happy anniversary, love."

I smile, nuzzling my nose against his, "Happy anniversary."

He looks at my state and grins devilishly, "Now it's my wish to wake you up for our every anniversary just like this."

I swat his shoulder, gripping the sheets upto my chest as he tries to pry them away.

"Yousuf!"

"What?" He grins. "You were not complaining last night."

I groan and hide my face with my hands.

Who knew he would become such a talker since we started living together after our rukhsati almost seven months ago.

"Shut up." I say through my hidden face.

"Alright, alright I'll stop." He pries my hands away and kisses the scar on my left hand. "What do you want for breakfast?"