23| Fireworks

"I want to eat a plate full of French fries with orange juice

"I want to eat a plate full of French fries with orange juice."

I pause scrolling and look at bhabhi hearing her weird craving.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because," She looks at the plate of brown rice and vegetables on her lap, "I want to eat junk food not healthy."

I chuckle, "Patience my dear, just one more month and you can start eating other favourite foods too."

She huffs and sags down on the bed, her pale cheeks flushed, she had a weird glow on her face, "Wrong. One and a half month."

I snap my fingers, "It will go by in seconds."

Bhabhi looks at me and chuckles, "I wish it was that easy."

"Okay first complete your food or bhai would throw me in woods for not keeping an eye on his wife."

Bhabhi takes a bite of her food, "Don't worry I won't let that happen to you."

I close my phone and keep it on the nightstand, "So bhabhi how is everything going?"

She shrugs, "My bleeding has reduced, the baby is fine, so Alhumdulliah." She smiles.

"Alhumdulliah indeed." I smile, "But stress is still harmful, right?"

"It is but I am so lucky that my husband, my mother and father in law, and my sweetest sister in law takes so much care of me, that I don't even know the spelling of stress." She smiles pinching my cheeks.

I chuckle and she continues eating, "So how is college going?"

"Nothing special."

She looks at me and gives a discreet smile, "How is your crush?"

I raise my eyebrow, "I study in an all girls block, I don't have any crushes."

"Ah uh come on." She taps my knee, "I am talking about your Dr. Khanzada."

"B-bhabhi?" I sputter in disbelief. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't you see it Mina?" Bhabhi wiggles her eyebrows, "You had a blush on your face throughout the whole dinner, two weeks ago."

I stare at her open mouthed, "H-how could you say that, I could've been sick too."

She gives me a knowing smile, "Trust me I know the difference between a blush and sick face."

I try to control my smile, "You know I have read somewhere, gossip is unhealthy during pregnancy."

"Please." She rolls her eyes, "It's the only thing I crave this pregnancy."

"Except for junk?"

"Except for that." She takes the last bite of the food and keeps the empty plate on the tray between us. I pour some water for her in a glass and she takes her medicines.