19| Picnic day

I had googled beykoz before, but nothing could have prepared to witness the beauty of this land

The greenery of the hills stretched to an endless contrast to the blue sky. The silhouette of the buildings of the city blending well with the orange sky.

It is evening now, the colours of the greens around us pop up more in the orange evening skies.

I place my head on my folded hands and stare ahead of the cliff, there is a wired fence around the edge. I was seated on a bench near the cliff, staring ahead at the beautiful sunset.

These things aren't the same in cities.

I smile looking at the sun rays peeking behind the large white clouds. If it had been in city, the view would be restricted because of various wires and poles and of course traffic noises.

I wish I could've bring baba here, he also loved nature, he thought me to admire the beauty around us and learn from it.

These mountains, these trees, these flowers. They face different weathers, sun, rain and snow but they don't forget who they are, no matter how much strong the storm was, they stand again, with all their beauty. A beauty created by own, a beauty owned.

A notification ping from my phone snapped me out from my daze. I tap on the Home Screen and smile seeing who messaged it.

Don't be near the cliff after sunset - H.

I look over my shoulder, all the students from two sections of law are roaming around, some arranging supplies for the bonfire. Some are having a dance party, some are eating and giving snacks to everyone, and very few like me are sitting in a corner, enjoying the nature's beauty.

In all of the chaos, my eyes stops on him.

He was seated on those camping chairs along with Mr. Ramazan—who had the most sporty look than all students, khaki shorts, floral print shirt along with sunglasses and a straw hat— along with Miss Idil, our contract law lecturer, and Mr.Yilmaz, a substitute teacher for remedial mathematics for first and second years.

Like a magnet, his eyes connect with mine, he was in a conversation with Mr.Yilmaz, but his eyes were on me. I am sure he couldn't hear what he was saying but he could definitely hear me.

He picks up his phone and few seconds later, my phone lites up with a notification.

Enjoying the view? - H.

I chuckle, I hold my face in my hands feeling them heat up. Looking ahead I reply,

Yes.

Just as I keep my phone down, I feel a tap on my shoulder, startle I whip my head back, afraid it's him.

To my surprise, it was a girl from my class, Asli, she is always seen seated in the group of Melisa and Kaan, who are the notorious bullies of our section, Kaan being the one who argued with Professor zawaar the first day.