46| The worst case scenario

"Three down, two more to go

"Three down, two more to go." Abbie groans cracking her back as we exit our exam hall and walk towards the block exit.

"Why did they had to give four days holidays in between? We could've ended all our exams this week." I pout as we descend down the stairs.

"Two days of weekend plus one additional preparation holiday. More time to prepare, come on Mina use your lady cells." Abbie pokes my shoulder.

"And I think you need sleep." I reply back.

Her shoulders sag down, "You are right. I just had two hours of sleep. I feel like I would pass out any minute."

"Same." I groan. I am also working on two hours of sleep, no breakfast, most likely dehydrated and other tensions to worry about.

Like how it's just two weeks left for Yousuf to leave and we still haven't decided how to tell our families about us.

The scenario will be no doubt, controversial, tears will be shed, there would be a lot of tension but we could still hope for positivity.

I mean there is always a rainbow after the storm, right?

I had talked to Yousuf about it, he told me to first clear my final examination without any tension and then we would talk about it.

But that doesn't eases my anxiety, specially not when I see him moving his stuff away from the campus clinic.

I know he promised to never leave me, but that doesn't lessen the fact that everytime I see him, my heart tugs painfully.

Today I woke up with a weird energy, I blame it on the lack of sleep because I studied the whole night. But I just know it's the anxiety of the future.

Where we would be?

Will we be together?

And that thought leaves a dull ache in my chest.

"Is he going back?" Abbie asks as we watch him placing cardboard boxes in his car.

I play with my necklace, "I really hope he doesn't."

Abbie rubs my shoulder, "Trust the timing."

I nod, watching him shake hands with Sharon, who hands him a bouquet of beautiful flowers. He waves at the rest of the clinic staff and walk towards the law block, most probably to meet Mr. Ramazan.

I lick my dry lips, "Let's just go."

Abbie frowns, "You good?"

"I am trying to." My voice breaks.

Abbie wraps me in a warm hug, patting my head.

I don't want to witness him say goodbye.

His goodbye isn't for me. I remind myself.