8| New friends

The people around the park pass me in a blur as I run my final lap around the walking track

I was never a fitness freak. Heck, I used to eat butter when I was stressed.

But over the years, when stress increased and butter didn't gave me anything except extra pounds, I took a different route to relieve my stress.

They say you can't run away from your problems.

I do exactly the same thing.

I run.

Away or towards it? I don't know. But I started running and it really helps me relieve my stress.

I take out a random memory from my past and use that as a motivation for my run.

Be it my about older brother's death, the look of humiliation on my parents face when everyone taunt them about me, my annoying cousins. My ex husband or my ex fiancé.

My most recent one? The alliance which came to me last month.

Your daughter is a tagged divorcee.

No one is going to marry your divorcee sister.

I speed up, my feet hitting the track with much force than necessary.

I forgot the track of my laps and run a few extra in my course of anger.

A small stone come in my way and I trip down, falling on my knees.

A sob threatened to break from my mouth as I kneel down, holding the grass in my grip.

I hadn't realised I ran in the denser part of the park, facing the lake.

My legs burn, my knees burn from the scratches, my hands feel numb.

I sob holding the grass tightly in my grip. I should've been used to it,

It shouldn't have hurt so much. But it still does.

It still hurts so much.

I never wanted to get a divorce after getting married.

I wanted a simple fairy tale, was it too much to ask?

No matter what people say, I could never get over with the rejections.

Even if you try to, it will always haunt you and never leave you. It will be with you to steal your sleep, it will never leave your eyes dry.

"Do you need some tissues?" A small voice asks when my sobs turned into silent cries.

I shake my head, lifting my hand to wipe my tears.

"I think you need some." I look over my shoulder to see, a small girl with a plastic bag in her hands standing behind me, she looks down at my face to my hands and gasps, "Blood!"