25| Living it

"You are late

"You are late." I say without looking up from my book.

The door closes and I catch his reflection on the tv screen, removing his shoes he places it back on it's place.

"I had something to pick up." Came his smooth reply.

I glance at the wall clock above the television, "At ten?"

Footsteps echo on the carpeted floor of the living room and stops behind the couch I am seated at.

"You are not angry, are you?"

My grip on the book tighten for a fraction, "No, why would I?"

I hold on my breath as he leans down, his hot breath tickling on my nape as he whispers,
"Were you waiting for me?"

I try to shrug and glare at the words on the book, "Why would I?"

He rests his forearms on the headrest behind my head, "Hmm, then what are you doing here?"

"Reading a book." I reply.

"Nice, what is it about?" The hairs tucked behind my ears tickle as he speaks.

I tuck more hairs behind my ear, "It's thriller, Mina gave it to me last week."

"Really?" His arms reach out from either side of my head as he plucks the book from my hands and turns it upside down, "Didn't knew thrillers are supposed to be read upside down."

My cheeks flame hot realising my mistake and his proximity. Abruptly I stand up from the couch, "Are you hungry?"

"Very." He replies cooly still leaning on the back of the couch.

Averting my eyes away from him, I fumble with the book in my hand, "I will heat up some food."

Without looking back at him, I go the kitchen and heat up the food I had made two hours ago which obviously was now cold.

To say I was enraged would be an understatement. He is never late. And specially on weekends. He doesn't even have work on weekends.

He just said he would be late returning from gym and would be home by eight. It is ten now.

If it wasn't for his message I would've fainted in worry.

As I arrange two plates on the table, I watch him walking out of the room with his clothes changed, his hair wet from the shower.

He stands beside me and eyes the two plates, "You haven't eaten dinner?"

I shake my head taking out glasses from the cabinet and arranging on the table. "Of course not, how would I?"