33| Talk in park

"Dr

"Dr. Khanzada! I think Mina is running in the park again! Please check on her before she collapses again."

That's what the E-mail, Abbie had send me an hour ago stated. The only words struck on me was,

She would collapse again.

I didn't care about anything else and ran to the park, desperate to find her.

It was evening now, the sunlight was dimming down which kept picking up my anxiety.

The day of the accident, I went to the park in a whim, hoping to find her and I did, she was running even then, and after what Abbie said about her collapsing, my gut churned and various thoughts ran in my head.

By the evening, this park gets empty, so I didn't had to run into anyone thinking I am a mad man.

But now looking at her expressions, no sign of tiredness, no sweat, no exertion in her body, Realisation sinks that I have been played.

I turn around to leave, only for her to stop me by grabbing my arm.

"No, Dr. Khanzada please hear me out." She pleads,

I turn around, her hand slipping away from my arm, "About what?"

"Everything."

Fear dips my gut, is she really thinking of ending our relationship, "New plans to end it?"

Man I am petty.

Her eyes droop, "No, I told you I will not, please don't say it again."

I rub my neck, feeling guilty.

"Fine."

She gestures to sit on the bench, and I do, my mind filling with déjà vu, she talked about ending our relationship for the first time over here too.

She rubs her palm down her thighs, "First of all, I am sorry to lie about you being here."

I nod, "You could've texted me."

"Would you have come?"

"Yes." I reply without hesitation.

She looks down, "Sorry, I would do it next time."

I bite my lip, thoughts swirling in my mind, I think I should apologise too.

"Look I—"

"Look I—"

We both stare at each other, I gesture her to continue,

"Okay," She takes a deep breath, "When I was nineteen, I got married off to a guy called Maaz, he was in Australia and couldn't come here because of some visa issues. My family agreed on a nikkah on Skype. And that was it, I did not meet that guy in person, never talked to him. It was few months after our nikkah that someone told bhai that Maaz's family are very selfish people and we shouldn't associate with them. I didn't care about going in details, I was excited to get married, after I got married and after bhai told me about me them, I signed the divorce papers. Later on, bhai put on a case on him which resulted him five years of jail time."