24| Summer homework

"Surprise!" Hajra baji chirps happily as Farhan Lala opens the doors

He has to blink few times and take in the four adults and two kids standing at his doorstep.

"Don't worry we are not angels, we are your friends." Bilal Lala says, swaying his almost two year old asleep daughter, Amara, in his arms.

"Of course," Farhan Lala scoffs stepping aside, letting us in, "Angels don't look like you."

Daniyal laughs, holding my hand and points at his father who scowls at him.

"Aw so you say I look like an Angel?" My husband asks stepping inside behind me.

"Yes, if Angels start having stone face as a personality." Farhan Lala says and daniyal doubles over laughing.

I tug at Daniyal's hand and widen my eyes, telling him to be quiet, although my smile was barely hidden.

Hajra laugh as she freely walks in the kitchen with the large food pots in her hands.

My husband with the hotpot he carried in his arms follows Hajra, muttering something under his breath.

"Daniyal, my son, aren't we all joker to you lately?" Bilal gives his son a sweet smile.

"No baba." Daniyal grins.

"Can't the boy even laugh now?" Farhan Lala ruffles daniyal's curly hairs as he gestures us to walk in a living room.

Daniyal sits beside me and starts playing with the bangles on my wrist.

"It's not that." Bilal Lala settles on a couch in front of me, "He thinks he can bully his parents, specially me."

Daniyal laughs and I shake my head, he immediately quiets down and continues to play with my fingers.

"Ah the toddler age is so handful, I swear." Farhan Lala groans, "It's so difficult to talk in front Ahad these days, he keeps imitating us, and not in a fun kind."

"Stop saying bad things about my boys." Hajra walks in from the kitchen with a tray and a small hotpot in which I made the chicken bones soup.

"Your boys are spoiled Hajra." My husband mutters trailing behind her.

He stops in front of the couch I was seated on and glares at daniyal as he used me as his couch.

I tilt my head at him, in a pleading manner and he shakes his head taking a seat on the single sofa beside me.

"Where is Aunty, Farhan?" Hajra baji asks.

"She's with Ayesha in the room behind the stairs, go and meet her." Farhan Lala gestures at the stairs, "Irhaa, you can go too, Mina is also home today."

I nod and detach a whiny daniyal from myself. "I will be back, I promise." I give him a pinky promise which he taught me, he smiles and joins our pinky's together.