13| Old love, New scars

I fold the last set of Ahad's clothes, listening to bhabhi talk,

"We were thinking of Ahad joining nursery school, what do you say?" Bhabhi asks carrying Ahad's clean laundry to the wardrobe.

I shrug following her, "I think it would be good."

"Really?" Bhabhi raises her eyebrow, "Farhan said Ahad would cry and he can't trust his son with strangers."

I chuckle taking a shirt and hang it on a hanger, "Obviously kids would cry when they are separated from their parents. I always cry when mama leaves me to go to Ankara."

Bhabhi chuckles, "That I could agree on, I still cry leaving my mom's house. Uff Allah, I am starting to regret my decision now." She blows out a breath clutching Ahad's shirt in her hands.

I grab her shoulder, "Don't be. Jokes aside, I think joining preschool really helps in a child's personality and behaviour."

"Really?"

I nod, taking seat on the small couch in the walk in wardrobe. My brother really likes extra stuff.

"I read in an online survey that the kids who attend preschool are tend to be more social and confident than those who didn't."

There was no survey. Who have time to ask around kids if they enjoyed preschool?

I know my bhabhi, she is helpful, she is kind, she is smart but she is also a over thinker.

Bhabhi hums hanging clothes in the closet.

"What if.."

There it is.

She turns to look at me, "What if Ahad is an introvert and somehow we force him in something he doesn't wants, would that effect his personality?"

I shake my head, "He is a kid bhabhi, he has way more time to develop a personality. What he needs now is a new environment. We all love him, but sometimes it could be difficult for kids to leave for school when the time is right. So it's better to send them to preschool, Ahad would make friends, interact, have a bit of fun and learning, besides the teachers working in preschools are very kind."

Bhabhi blinks, and lets out a chuckle, "Wow mina, you almost sounded like a mom of three."

I shrug, "I don't mind."

Bhabhi chuckles and closes the closet door. "Mina, this topic aside, I think you really enjoy studying child psychology and behaviour. You should really consider being a real teacher."

I shrug again, my confidence wearing off, "I don't think so. There would be so many people and you know how anxious I get in between new people."

Her eyes soften, "Alright, no forcing. But do consider it, okay?"

I nod, tucking my hair strands behind my ears.
"Look at me, I didn't went to a preschool, see no social confidence."

Bhabhi chuckles, "That's not true."