41| Facing the mirror

I have been living with the fact that you have your heart to some other woman!

In my life, I've never sat and let things happen, somehow or the other, I have always controlled the situation by grabbing the reigns.

I have never left a mess behind.

But just this one time, I let Minahil, my wife, let assume that the woman for whom I had left this country was someone else.

It had been long enough since that thought drilled in her pretty brain.

I have been patient when she said that to me when we were locked in the archive room.

But now, I won't be silent. Not anymore.

If she thinks, I have or had my heart on any other woman except her, a surprise is on her way.

I walk from the shadows of her room, watching her notice the open windows, her shoulders growing tense by each passing second.

I know how her brain works, she was the same when she called me on the terrace last week.

Little does she knows, I am good at hide and seek. Especially seek.

I cover her mouth with my hand, muffling her scream, and grabbing both of her hands in one.

"Shh, it's me." I whisper in her ear.

She goes rigid for a second before relaxing in my grip.

"Don't scream, your whole family is just downstairs." I slowly remove my hands around her, letting her face me.

"Yousuf!" She whisper-yells, "What are you doing, how did you get in?"

I shrug, "From the terrace doors, you said you were all alone here on this floor, didn't had to work more for hiding."

She fists her hands and places them on her hips, "Then why the open window?"

I grin, "To give you an illusion."

Her glare melts and her shoulders slump, "About earlier, I didn't meant to—"

"Shh." I silence her by placing my finger on her mouth.

She glances at my finger and then at me.

"You have talked, now it's my turn."

"Talk what?" She mumbles against my finger.

I smile, "About the woman I was in love with."

Her expression hardens as I remove my finger from her lips and sit on her bed.

"So tell me, where should I start?"

"Are you serious?" She asks, blinking in shock.

I shrug, "Why not?" I think for a moment, "Let's talk about her appearance first," I take a look at her and walk towards her, taking a strand of her hair, "She has long and luscious black hair, just like yours."