43| Friday night with in laws

"What are you saying?" I gasp, the eyeliner pen falling down from my hand, landing on the mass of makeup products spread on top of the dressing table

"It's true!" Abbie's voice says through my phone speaker, "I was just talking with one of my under grad swimming class partner and she said that Hashir has been arrested a month ago because a video clip has been found of him adding some kind of suspicious powder in his pre workout drink before his football game."

"You mean the same hashir, my ex-fiancé and the one who humiliated me in front of his whole block? Hashir Aftab? He was a football player? Which team drafted him?" I ask, feeling extremely confused by this new information.

I could feel Abbie rolling her eyes through the phone speaker, "Yes him and apparently he was playing from his college team, he was looking for being drafted but now his changes are zero, completely null."

I take a breath, remembering his harsh words and glares when he got to know about my divorce.

I am not afraid of confrontation, but humiliating me in front of every one really left a mark on my soul. A part of my confidence chipping away after his remarks.

Any normal person would've felt remorse for what happened to him. But that normal person didn't cried the whole night after his remarks, that normal person didn't go to university for the whole month.

I have lost so much because of the wrong people in my life.

"You know what, I don't even feel bad for him. He freaking humiliated me, he had it coming, Allah doesn't leaves the person to pay for his sins or words." I huff out, feeling relived after so many years.

Abbie laughs, "I am proud of you, you deserve so much better than those clowns. I am so happy you got a man like Dr. Khanzada who knows your worth and respects your every decision."

I smile, looking at my reflection, "He is coming over for dinner today."

"Ohhh, he is coming to ask your hand?"

I chuckle, "No. Bhabhi had met his sister the other day before in the park, so she invited them over."

"Aha, what are you wearing?"

"Remember the suit I ordered online two weeks ago?"

"Blue or white?"

I smile, picking up a nude pink lipstick, "White."

"Angel, Angel, mankind's angel." She sings.

"Stop! My ears are bleeding." I groan. She always annoys with that god awful song.

Abbie laughs, "Alright Angel, I will let you get ready then, do a nice makeup and make your man faint, Kay? Love ya."

"Love ya." I chuckle.

I finish getting ready with whatever makeup I know. I have a lot of makeup products, and I love it but I just don't know how to use it.

Usually bhabhi does my makeup for any college events or weddings, and she gifts me a lot of it too, Hajra baji does too.