18| Panic Visits

Being in the psychological field, I had the perfect knack of observing people's expressions

Being in the psychological field, I had the perfect knack of observing people's expressions. Be it nervousness, anxiety, or something they are hiding, I always know.

But looking at the colour draining from Minahil's face, anyone could recognise the expression,

Fear.

As she ended the call with her brother, I knew something was wrong before she even worded it, I grabbed her hand and quickly guide her out of the rush of people, I pass our tickets to a couple near the ticket counter and they happily expressed their gratitude in Spanish.

I didn't paid attention to them, because all my attention was on the girl who's cold hand was in my grip.

I unlocked my car and quickly made her sit in it, opening the back door, I take out a bottle of cold water which I brought from my house and give it to her.

"Miss Minahil?" I ask, her face was still pale, "Ms Minahil!" I keep the bottle near her feet and shake her by her shoulders.

That makes her snap back to reality. Her eyes blink back the tears wildly, "Dr. Khanzada, bhabhi- bhabhi, she was not well, I shouldn't have left her! Oh my god it's my fault—"

"Ms Minahil—"

"How could I be so stupid? I should've called a doctor, what if something happens!"

"Ms Minahil—"

"No Dr. Khanzada you don't know, after that incident bhai never leaves her alone, he might've thought I was there for her, but I wasn't— what if something—"

"Minahil!" I say loudly, stopping her rant, "Relax, try to breath, look at me, try to breath."

She copies my moments and her breathing returns to normal. I wipe away the tears from her eyes and hold her face in my hands.

"Everything is going to be alright, you hear me? Maybe Ayesha is alright and her phone's battery ran out? Let's not think about negative, Okay? Here drink this." I reach for the bottle and give it to her, she takes a few small sips and wipes away her tears.

"Good now?" I ask and she nods, I smooth down her hairs back, "And Minahil, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself."

She nods, but uncertainty looms over her features. Whatever I say now, she won't understand so I don't say anything more and close her side of the door.

Rounding the car, I quickly get out of the parking and drive to the main road.

"Call your friend." I say and she nods quickly.

"Hello Abbie? No—I will tell you later, listen you said your brother was home right? Yes, bring him to my house, bhabhi is not answering my calls, something is not right. I will tell you everything later— yes I am with Dr. Khanzada." She rants out to her friend and hang up her call, her hands moving quickly to dial another number.