17| Date night

I hold up the laughing emoji cushion pillow—quite an irony— like a shield as I watch the rush of emotions on Abbie's face changing slowly like a thunderstorm warning on the weather report

The mess of her hair and the pillow streaks on her face contrasted quite comically with her shocked expression.

She was going through the five stages of grief.

"Tell me you are doing an April fools prank even it is already May."

Denial.

"Are you freaking kidding me, you stupid girl!"

Anger.

"Surely it must be an incident, there must be an another way out, right?"

Bargaining.

"And the most important thing? You are saying it to me now? Am I not your best friend! Or you simply don't trust me?"

Depression.

"Oh my god! Let me sink that in, my best is married! To a hot shot professor who is swooned by everyone at uni! Ha take that bitches! My best friend bagged the hottest man!"

Acceptance.

I lower the pillow just below my nose, "That's what you are happy about..?"

Abbie shrugs, "I mean why not?" She sighs with dreamy eyes, "I cannot wait to experience your romantic rendezvous with the hot psychology professor, Uff, imagine the short lovely glances, accidental touches, damn! Don't you feel excited Mina?"

I blink at her blankly, "Did you totally skipped over the part where I explained you my problem of hiding this whole thing?"

Her smile drops, "That is one thing.." her eyes light up with mischief, "But on the bright side...someone is going on a date today!"

I groan hiding my face in the pillow.

I couldn't keep it in anymore, I needed— no I was desperate to spill out my guts to anyone, be it a person or a tree, I just needed to talk out loud. And what's a better person to confine than your best friend.

So on a bright Saturday morning, I skipped my
morning jog and instead walked to Abbie's home which is just a five minutes walk from my house, entered her house, gave her housekeeper and her nanny, a wave and barged in Abbie's room to wake her up from deep slumber and say the words which had been boiling inside me like fresh molten lava.

"Abbie! I am married!"

That made her throw away her sleep mask from her eyes so fast that it flew out of her window.