9| The trip mishaps

"Keep walking girls, our trek is almost over!" Mrs

"Keep walking girls, our trek is almost over!" Mrs. Aidan calls out from the back now, she had said it was now my turn to lead the herd—her words not mine.

The sun casted a beautiful orange glow over the mountains, making the greens of the trees surrounding the mountains contrast well with the sky.

"Ma'am can we take few sun set snaps?" A girl asks and Mrs. Aidan agreed, because she had to post it on her Instagram too—she even send me a request but I hadn't accepted it yet.

Not that I plan to.

They all stop and take pictures of sunsets at every angle possible.

I lean back against a large rock and stare ahead, my eyes unknowingly travelling back to her.

She was standing away from her friends near the fence surrounded by the trek clearing, but instead of taking pictures she stood there with her head tipped back, eyes closed.

The orange glow casted on her face, making her look even more angelic.

I can't believe I am seeing her. She doesn't know me, but here I am, who was ready to waste a career changing opportunity just because I was scared I would run into her.

I did anyway.

I still couldn't forget the shock reading her name on the attendance register. I had only taken two classes, and she wasn't there. So reading a familiar name really gave me a whiplash.

And when I looked at her, my worst fear of seeing her again came true.

She was still the same, soft features, delicate voice, dark hair framing her face, when I looked at after so many I realised again why did I fell for her in the first place.

Love is not only for physical features, it's also about nature. Nothing is more attractive than being kind. And when someone's nature attracts you, their whole being is the most beautiful thing you had ever seen.

And she's still the same. She has that kind of nature which makes you want to listen to her always.

I watch her as a small smile forms on her face and she looks around the mountains, like she was living in the moment—in that moment only she existed and no one else.

But like a bucket of cold water, I came back to my senses when I remember seeing a photo of a small child on her phone.

My baby.

Of course it would be her child. She is married.

She is married. She is someone else's.

Taking my eyes away from her, I try to take a breath, feeling the mountains around me suffocating me with a weird hurt feeling.

I knew she was married. I saw her getting married. I heard her saying I do, I heard it, I know it. But.......it still hurts.

Like a magnet, my eyes go back to her, only to find the spot she was standing....empty.