50| London is pretty

A strong gust of cold wind envelopes me as I step out of the building

Stuffing the files in my hand inside the pocket of my coat, I walk forward towards the parking lot, trying to get away from the harsh winds of London.

Months of living in turkey made me think that the cold of UK won't bother me anymore.

But again I was hoping I won't be back again.

My steps falter as her cries echo in my mind again.

I clench my fists as it plays it in a broken loop in my head.

I had never ever felt so hopeless, so helpless in my life before.

It took everything in me not to say Hasnain to stop and car and run upto her again.

She is my absolute strength and weakness.

I look at the dark evening sky, there are always clouds, sun rarely comes out. It's like the life here is as depressing as I feel.

No skies could ever be compared of what I had witnessed in Istanbul.

Or the woman I had left behind.

Taking a breath, I lick my dry lips and shake my head, reminding myself what I am doing is right.

I walk to the car park, trying to find a taxi there which would take me to my hotel.

I walk towards the bench and frown at the car parked there.

That car wasn't there when I arrived here thirty minutes ago.

Maybe someone just parked there now.

I don't think about it as I walk past the car to the footpath.

I look around the road for a sight taxi as I hear the sound of the car door opening behind me.

I could feel a presence behind me but I ignore them, not being in the mood to socialise.

"Looking for a ride, handsome?"

My heart falls and my breathing hitches.

No. It can't be.

I must be missing her so much that I started hallucinating her voice?

Yes that's it. I am a psychiatrist, I can diagnose my own mental issues.

But my mind spirals again as I hear a chuckle from behind me, "You are not hallucinating Yousuf, turn around."

I turn around hesitantly.

My heart jumps in my throat as I see her.

She stuffs her hand in her coat's pocket and gives me her heart warming smile.

I have never felt a hallucination so real.

She steps forward and places her hands on my face.

Her eyes fills with tears as she moves back the hair strands covering my eyes.