37| Just like then

I watch with dread as the shadows from the door disappear only for it to be broken down the next second, and I watch with confusion and shock as Hasnain and Yousuf barge in

But there were shadows....more than two.

As the three masked men were busy in task, they didn't notice them in action until it was too late.

Not when Hasnain walked up to the one holding Sila Sedefli and knocked the back of his knee, making him drop his gun, catching him off guard, he grabs the back of his neck and bangs his head on the hard flooring of the stage, making him knock out cold.

The other one tries to shoot Hasnain with his gun, only for Yousuf to hold up his hand towards the ceiling, making the bullet pierce through the light panels. With the same hand, Yousuf winds his hand around his neck and twists it, making his drop on the ground, making the man left groaning on the floor.

Lights starts flickering and screams echo in the hall as all the girls scramble up their feet to run.

Yousuf opens the exit door and motions all the girls to escape from there, many of the volunteers along with principals, who escort Sila escape too.

Hearing the commotion, the masked one in front of us becomes alert, he immediately takes out his gun and points at us,

"If any of you tries to move, I will put this bullet through your skull!" He roars in Turkish.

Yousuf catches my eye, before he could reach me, in a blink he was swallowed by the crowd. Panic and fear bubbled in my chest as I loose the sight of him.

Irhaa's grip tighten in my hands, even my palms turns clammy from the barrel of the bullet pointed in front of me.

Irhaa looks around with the same panic as mine, I squeeze her hand. "They will find us, don't worry." I whisper.

"Fine! Put the damn gun down!" Layla coerces the mask man.

"Shut up!" He roars again trying to locate his partner.

Demet pulls Layla behind, few girls start slipping from beside us too, Abbie squeezes my hand, signalling me to follow so we can escape narrowly from here.

Asli who stood at the very front of the exit door next to her, discreetly grabs the handle and opens it ajar, she looks at us and we nod.

The masked man infront of us was too busy in his phone, making a call looking at the frantic mess around, his gun pointed at front, the hand lowering slowly.

Taking that as a chance Asli grabs Abbie hand and slips through the exit door, Abbie tightness the hold on my hand and exit the door and before I could slip through, Irhaa's grip slacks from mine and I am pulled back with a painful grip on my braid.

I yelp in pain as the door handle hits my face, my lips throb painfully as I am dragged back in front of the masked man.

He drags the tip of the gun to my forehead and shiver racks through my body feeling the cold press of metal.