29| Presentation

"Why did you do that?" I ask the first thing stepping inside our home

My husband looks at me over his shoulder, "Do what?"

He removes his shoes, keeps it in place and then walks inside to wash his hands, he is such a neat freak.

That's what Pinterest says.

Placing my sandals in place, I follow him and wash my hands too because why not?

"What you did in class." I walk in the kitchen and retrieve a bottle of cold water and proceed to pour it in two glasses.

"Giving you presentation, you mean?" He hides his smile as I give him a glass of water.

"Other that that." I mutter taking a seat on the couch.

"If you are asking for a clue, than I won't, Professor zawaar is left behind," he takes a seat beside me and removes his glass frame, "Here is only your husband."

I trace the rim of the glass ignoring his smooth words, "I was talking about kicking Erdem out."

His eyes darken and the grip on the glass of water tightens. "That, I am not sorry about." He raises a finger, silencing me, "And don't you dare defend him."

"But he really didn't do anything." I argue.

He scoffs, "Oh he already did by looking at my wife."

I rear back, "So are you going to throw marker caps at every men who even looks at me."

I thought he might laugh it off but merely shrugs, "I know how to handle things more than marker caps."

I slump down my shoulders, "But that was rude."

He shrugs, "I intended to be."

I narrow my eyes, "And the presentation?"

"Totally random. I don't even know your roll call."

He knows everything.

"Hmm."

"Unless.." he begins,

"Unless what?"

"I don't know maybe you are scared?" He shrugs, "It's okay if you have stage fear, I can replace you."

Replace me?

I don't what it is, but the thought set a fire raging inside me.

A weird type of anger coarse in my veins hearing...I don't know......challenge?

"I am not scared." I reply firmly, "You won't feel the need to replace me."

His lips quirk up, "We will see."

Rage again. I don't understand it, this expression which I used to simmer so easily, why is it threatening to break free?

Change of environment...or person?