Chapter 1: A New Beginning

---

At the Emperor's throne room aboard the Death Star, Darth Vader watches his son being tortured by his master, Darth Sidious' barrages of force lightning. Luke screams from the painful sensation, and calls for his father's help.

Luke: Father, please!

He simply stood there and watch as his son pleas for him while the Emperor unleashes more of the painful force lightning.

Darth Sidious: And now, young Skywalker... you will die...

Darth Sidious unleashes another barrage of force lightning, causing Luke to scream in agony, squirming from the painful force lightning that spreads through his body.

Vader stands there and watch his master tortures his son, Luke while he screams from the painful bolts of force lightning, causing him to squirm while smoke emits from him.

The sight of his son pleading him for help and screaming in pain causes something within Vader to flip like a switch. Vader looks towards his master, seeing Darth Sidious with a twisted look of satisfaction from Luke's cries of unimaginable pain. Vader says only one thing to himself.

Vader: No...

He turns to his master again, and he did not notice what he said, due to him focusing on torturing Luke, blinding him from what is about to happen. Vader makes a decision. He readies himself and rushes towards Darth Sidious.

Vader: NOOOOO!

Vader lifts up his now-former master, surprising the Sith Lord as he screams from anger and confusion. Darth Sidious targets his force lightning towards his apprentice instead of Luke. Vader feels the unimaginable pain of the force lightning coursing through his body, but it doesn't matter to Vader. He is determined to save his son at all cost, even if it costs him his life. He feels the constant pain every step he takes but pushes on, finally reaching the edge. With everything he has left, Vader throws Darth Sidious down the reactor shaft, he stumbles to the railing and falls on his knees as he watches the Sith Lord that took everything from him and brought pain and suffering in his life, screaming as he falls to his death. He seemingly explodes upon impact, causing a huge gush of howling wind. It's over, Darth Sidious is no more.

As he expected, Vader struggles to breathe, due to the force lighting short-circuiting his life support system. He feels his son, Luke Skywalker grabbing onto him, and gently lays Vader on his back. Luke gets his father up and walks him to the imperial shuttle that brought them to the death star.

The imperial staff are evacuating from the death star, knowing that the rebel fleet will succeed on destroying the battle station. Luke is almost to the shuttle, but Vader falls down on the floor, lying on his back. Luke drags his father to the shuttle's ramp. When he made it to the ramp, he lifts his father from his back, now face to face.

Vader: Luke, help me take... this mask off.

Luke: But you'll die.

Vader: Nothing... can stop that now. Just for once... let me... look on you with my own eyes.

Luke gives him a small nod. He gently takes the helmet off, putting it aside. He then slowly takes off the mask, revealing his father's face, all deformed and scarred.

 He then slowly takes off the mask, revealing his father's face, all deformed and scarred