Chapter 35: Festival and Goodbyes

Anakin begins to slowly wake up, feeling refreshed from his meditation. His mind goes blank when he sees Midnght holding his hand.

Eri: Papa!

In relief that Anakin is awake, Eri lunges at her father and embraces him with a hug, pushing the air out of his lungs.

Eri: You're here!

Anakin awkwardly and gently pats her on the back, having no clue what is going on. But he chooses to go along with it.

Anakin: Yes Eri, I am here.

Meanwhile

Yagi: ACHOO! Why do I have a feeling that someone said my line?

Back with Anakin

Eri lets go of Anakin as she stands besides her father.

Before he can even ask what is going, he heard a sniffle. He looks to his left to see Nemuri, with her hair covering her eyes.

 He looks to his left to see Nemuri, with her hair covering her eyes

Midnight: Why?

No one dares to ask her what she is talking about. She is way out of her character. The only explanation for why she is different is that she must've seen something.

Out of nowhere she slaps Anakin across the face, surprising everyone including himself. She immediately wraps her arms over him and lets out her cry.

Protocol droid: Oh my.

Midnight: Why didn't you tell me?! You were a slave as a child. You-

She's interupted by the chokes from her sobs and continues.

Midnight: You had lost your mother and your wife. You- You could have told me and I'd understand why you kept your distance from me!

Everyone is at lost for words for what she has said. A slave? A wife? Yuri flinched when she heard of her master's loss.

Anakin is in shock. His feeling return to turmoil for the painful reminders of his past. Midnight feels Anakin tense up, she tightens her hug around him and buries her head on his shoulder.

Midnight: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Anakin! Please... Let me be there for you. I don't even care if we date, I just want you to be happy. You deserve it! After everything you've been through!

She continues to let out her cries on Anakin as he wraps his arms around her, patting her back with his mind processing everything that has just happen.

After she finishes crying, Anakin had to explain to Yuri and Eri about what Midnight was on about. He goes into detail of his past. A slave as a child, having his mother die on his arms, losing his pregnant wife, everything. This leaves Yuri and Eri in shock about how Vader is actually an alien. Yuri begins to feel sympathy for her master, as Eri cries and holds onto her father for the pain he endure for his whole life.