Chapter 18: Kamino Aftermath

It is currently morning, the day after the Kamino incident, the night when the Symbol of Evil was slain by the hands of Vader on live telivision. We find Toshinori Yagi recovering at the hospital. Detective Naomasa and Gran Torino dropped by to check up on Yagi.

Yagi: He is dead... After all of these years, the Symbol of Evil is gone.

Naomasa: As much as I would love to celebrate, so is the Symbol of Peace. The last of your flames has died out.

Yagi: Well, it was not in vain. I was able to save Vader by a miracle. I had to use all of what I had left of One for All to make it in time.

Gran Torino: Speaking of Vader, what happened to him?

Yagi let's out a sigh, recollecting all of his thoughts and memories when he made it to UA.

Flashback

Yagi has Vader in his arms as they were practically freefalling from the sky, shortly after the death of All for One. They would have been pizza splattered on the ground in front of UA, but Vader was still conscious, thankfully. He used the force to slow down their descent when they were close to the ground and made a safe landing.

Yagi gets Vader up on his feet and puts his durasteel arm over his shoulder, grasping the durasteel wrist to help him walk to UA. After minutes of Yagi helping Vader walk inside UA, with his shattered mechanical breathing echoing through the hallways, they made it to the front of his personal quarters. The door opens for them, but before Yagi could even step foot inside, Vader collapses to the ground unconscious and the shattered breathing ceases.

Yagi: Anakin! No no no no no! Just hang in there!

Vader does not respond to him. Worried about that he might be too late to save him, Yagi drags the heavy durasteel cyborg inside his personal quarters in a hurry. Right when they make it inside, the medical chamber opens up and Vader's protocol droid steps in.

Protocol droid: What is with all of the commotion- Oh my goodness, master!

Yagi ignores the fact that there is a talking robot in front of him, due to his desperation to save Vader.

Yagi: He's badly wounded! Help him!

Protocol droid: Oh dear! Quick, bring him inside the medical chamber, I'll prepare everything for him!

Yagi drags Vader inside the chamber and looks around the room. He finds the operating table and drags him to it, and uses all of his strength to lift up Vader and place him on the table.

Protocol droid: C'mon boys! Master needs us!

The 3 medical droids head to an unconscious Vader as Yagi and the protocol droid backs away so the droids can do their job and start the procedure. Yagi watches as they begin to treat Vader. Mechanical arms attached to the ceiling descends and makes contact with Vader's mask. Yagi watches as the arms slowly removes the mask and is shocked to see Vader's face.

Yagi: My God...