Chapter 21: Back In Black

Vader: Impressive... Most impressive...

We find Vader in his medical/repairment chamber, admiring the upgrades to his suit. The doors open to the chamber, revealing his protocol droid.

Protocol droid: Master! You're awake!

Vader places his glove over his right arm and turns to see his protocol droid bringing in his lightsaber. The droid approaches Vader and returns him the lightsaber.

Protocol droid: I believe this is yours, good sir.

Vader takes the lightsaber from the droid and clips it on his belt. He then returns his attention to the droid.

Vader: I see that my suit has been altered. Tell me, was it your idea of doing so?

Protocol droid: Goodness, no! I would have no such capability of coming up with such an idea. Mei Hatsume and Momo Yaoyorozu were the ones who came up with the idea.

Vader: Hmm. I shall give them my thanks when I meet them later on. What are the upgrades and diagnostics?

The protocol droid goes into details for his new suit. The droid explains about the mechno-limb replacement for the durasteel limbs, the upgraded support system installed, the surge protective gauntlet and how it works, and the removal of the suit's component needles that used to cause pain and replaced with a better design that cause no pain.

Protocol droid: Sir, may I ask for your opinion for your view on the new suit?

Vader: It is... acceptable.

That was all Vader said to his protocol droid. But deep down, he actually found the suit to be very intriguing. The suit's machinery was obsolete by three decades before the upgrades.

He begins to wonder how he could move around faster than before, more flexible, and how he can be more powerful than ever. This is a game changer for him, it's his first step to prepare for the upcoming events.

Protocol droid: Excellent! If you allow it sir, may I go and power down to recharge my power level?

Vader gives the droid a simple nod and the droid picks up on it.

Protocol droid: Thank you master! I shall get going then. Please wake me when you need me for anything.

The protocol droid joins in with the medical droids to power down, leaving Vader alone. He remembers what Stan told him before he woke up, to prepare himself for the future

He leaves the medical/repairment chamber and heads to his meditation chamber. The very short walk for him was a quick test for his new limbs. He finds them to be lighter than he is used to his old durasteel limbs. He strides toward his meditating pod to rest for the day. The pod opens for him, waiting for its owner to meditate. but before he steps inside, he notices a set of blueprints on his seat. Strange, he never left any blueprints inside the meditating pod. Someone must have left it there.

Vader picks up the blueprints and finds a sticky not on one of them. He reads it and it says the following:

Compensation for the loss of your motorcycle at Kamino. You earned it, buddy.
~Stan.