Chapter 31: Anakin

It is currently the next day after Vader adopts Eri as his daughter. We find the father and daughter back at UA school grounds. Specifically, inside of a building that has been constructed for people who are force sensitive, Vader's academy.

The academy has a design similar to the student dormitories, But it does have some major differences.

Firstly, the building has 6 floors, 5 floors for the future students, and the 6th floor for Vader's new quarters. Vader's quarters is designed with one hallway at the middle, with 4 rooms at each side, and 1 door at the end of the hallway.

For the left side of the hallway, each door leads to the medical chamber, the bacta tank chamber, the maintenance chamber, and the meditation chamber. On the right side, the doors lead to the common room, Eri's bedroom, the bathroom, and an empty room. For the door at the end of the hall, it leads to Vader's luxurious office.

Next, the academy has a courtyard at the back. The courtyard is where Vader's students will practice and train with their abilities of the Force, and will learn lightsaber combat.

And last but not least, the front of the school has a sign on the front that reads "Knights of the Force".

Now, back to the story.

We find Vader and Eri at the bottom floor, where the kitchen is located at. Vader has his protocol droid prep a warm breakfast for his daughter as she watches the droid cook for her.

She was in awe at the sight of seeing a robot for the very first time, and she even loved her father more when he told her that he built the droid, himself.

The droid flips a pancake with a pan as it hums a song to himself to brighten up the morning for Eri and Vader. He finishes the breakfast and puts the pancake on a stack of apple cinnamon pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon on the side.

Protocol droid: And, breakfast is served! Here you go, young Eri.

He places the plate on the table in front of Eri, as her stomach let's out a loud growl from the smell of the food in front of her.

Protocol droid: Goodness! You must be starving!

Eri let's out a small giggle from the droid's playful reaction. Vader helps her by cutting the pancakes into pieces for her. Every bite she tastes, makes her feel like her soul ascends to heaven. She enjoys every bite she tastes from the food.

Eventually, Eri finishes with her food, leaving an empty plate with not a single crumb left. She accidentally let's out a burp.

Eri: S-sorry.

Vader smiles at her and gently ruffles her hair, causing Eri to giggle. She notices that Vader does not have a plate of food for himself, she grows concerned for him.

Eri: Papa. Where is your food?

Vader thinks to himself on how he is going to tell her about his old injuries, and his cybernetic implants.

Vader: I... don't require to eat, Eri. My body is not the same as it once been.

Eri worries for her father, hearing that he might actually be hurt this entire time.

Eri: Does it hurt, papa?

Vader's eyes widen in surprise upon hearing her say that. His life support suit may have been greatly altered to no longer torment him, but his body still aches in pain. His skin still bears the constant pain filling reminder of his defeat on Mustafar. Even worse, his scratchy synthetic skin still irritates him as usual.

Vader: Yes. But It is something that I've come to terms with, my daughter.

Eri answers Vader with hesitation.