Chapter 42 : Bleeding (Short Chapter)

Darth Malgus was very well pleased with the handiwork. In the palm of his hand, he held a small green crystal, a synthetic kyber crystal

This was the first synthetic Kyber crystal to be forged on Earth. It would not be possible if were not for the helping hands of Garaki, the doctor of the now-deceased All For One. With Malgus' knowledge of kyber crystals and his connection to the dark side, followed by the available resources, Dr. Garaki had created a geological compressor to create the synthetic kyber crystals.

But what was strange was the fact that the very first crystal came out green instead of the usual color of red. Malgus believed this was the dark side calling for him to give it to Shigaraki, to make it hurt.

To make it bleed.

Malgus hands out the kyber crystal to a meditation Shigaraki. He watches as the crystal floats from his palm to Shigaraki, watching as his apprentice performs the Sith ritual.

Shigaraki grabs the crystal with both hands, carefully not to disintegrate it with his left hand. He tries to put his feelings into the crystal to change it into the dark side, to make it hurt, to make it bleed.

He can feel the crystal resisting his power. He snarls in anger and tightens his grip, this time using force. He pollutes the kyber crystal with all of his anger, pain, and hatred.

Memories of his past flashed in Tomura's mind. Painful memories of his younger self killing his family upon losing control of his newfound quirk. But the one part he enjoyed was brutally killing his father in revenge. He relished the moment when his father's blood soaked his hand. His death made the itch go away.

Then came Vader, the man who ruined everything

Then came Vader, the man who ruined everything. Vader humiliated Shigaraki many times. He foiled the USJ attack and took his hand in the process, and drove him deeper into insanity the moment the Chosen One mind probed him.

"You are as clumsy as you are stupid"

It didn't stop there. Vader had ruthlessly beaten Shigaraki by tossing him around like a ragdoll at the mall, going as far as ripping his whole right arm off, nearly killing him from the blood loss.

"Your master has deceived you, into believing you can become the Symbol of Fear."

And the last part that utterly crushed Shigaraki was the moment he learned when Vader killed his master, All for One. His master showed great care for him the moment he saved him when he was a boy. Tomura looked up to him ever since and viewed him as a father figure, only for Vader to take that away from him by giving All for One a slow and painful death.

Malgus: When you're ready... break free!

Shigaraki snapped.

Shigaraki's eyes turn a fiery-yellow color as he pours all of his anger, hate, sorrow, rage, and every negative emotion within him. A huge gust of energy emits from the crystal and he lets out a scream as if he is being born a thousand times.

He lets all five of his left hand's fingers touch the crystal. But instead of disintegrating, a crack forms on the crystal due to its immense power in the force and ability to resist succumbing to dust from his quirk.

Shigaraki almost passes out when it all ends, refusing to fall on his knees and not giving in to weakness. He looks at his left palm to find it covered in his blood. He opens his palm to see the kyber crystal glowing with the color of red instead of green, with a crack on its surface.

He knows he is only halfway through his task. After recomposing himself, Shigaraki uses the force to complete a difficult task; to construct his lightsaber.

Building a lightsaber is an extremely difficult task. It requires the force to complete such tasks and concentration. One small mistake will result in a lightsaber exploding upon its activation.

Tomura concentrates on the force as he puts the hilt together piece by piece. Once he completes construction, he opens his eyes when he feels the hilt float to his palm and inspects the choice of his hilt's design; a crossguard lightsaber.

 Once he completes construction, he opens his eyes when he feels the hilt float to his palm and inspects the choice of his hilt's design; a crossguard lightsaber

He stood up from the floor and raised his saber in anticipation of what was to happen. He had been training for this moment to be ready to go toe to toe against his nemesis, the man who took everything from him.

With a press of a button, Shigaraki ignites his lightsaber. A red blade and red crossguard blades roar to life.

He couldn't believe he accomplished a such task. He waved the blade around to hear its aggressive hum and the crackling sound from the blade, it was like music to his ears.

Shigaraki looked back to his master, who had his arms crossed and a grin underneath his respirator.

Malgus: You've done well. Now...

Darth Malgus grabs his lightsaber from his belt and ignites it, ready to put his apprentice under the test.

Shigaraki remembered his combat training when he relied on a bokken as a temporary weapon for lightsaber combat

Shigaraki remembered his combat training when he relied on a bokken as a temporary weapon for lightsaber combat. Now was the real deal.

Shigaraki grips tightly on his crackling lightsaber and allows himself to fall under the aggressive fourth form of lightsaber combat, Ataru. He is in for a hell of a time under Darth Malgus' tuition.

Malgus: Your training... begins now.