Chapter 44: Death of a Hero

Sir Nighteye was not pleased.

The police forces disbanded the investigation under the Hero Commission's orders. But that didn't stop him from digging deeper.

Sir Nighteye discovered something very big that can lead to a huge scandal and many people be thrown behind bars. It even goes as far to treason.

He did not report his findings to the police force, other hero agencies, and even the Hero Commission. He knows he cannot trust anyone with his report.

What also interests him is the photograph of a pale man with a respirator mask and a red plasma blade much like Vaders, from Overhaul's abduction. Sir Nighteye knows there is more to this man. He has a feeling Vader will have the answers to who this man is and can help him in his investigation, or he is somehow connected to him.

Sir Nighteye knows there are dark forces moving behind the scene. He knows there is one man that can help him shed some light. Sir Nighteye knows he will regret it, but he will get his answers if he visits Vader at UA and ask for his help in the investigation, tomorrow morning. His gut tells him he can trust Vader with his investigation.

B A N G

Mirai goes limp on his chair after a gunshot to the back of the head. Behind him is a man holding a smoking handgun after assassinating the pro hero in cold blood.

The assassin takes the folder with evidence on the League of Villains and proceeds to go through the computer, deleting any evidence and leads.

After destroying all of the evidence, he pulls out his phone from his pocket and calls in his employer.

???: It's done... No need to worry about finding yourself on tomorrow's newspaper.

XXXXX

The morning sun shined over the city of Musutafu. A fews days had passed since the Christmas party at UA. Vader had a pleasant time in celebrating with his daughter along with Class 1-A, lifting his spirit up in the holidays. He thought to himself he should be doing this more often with other holidays celebrated on Earth.

But today was not as great as it was from before...

At the Nighteye agency, the police responded to a gunshot reported from the building. They found the body of Sir Nighteye still on the chair, ruling it out as a villain attack. Among with the police officers were detective Naomasa, Piett, and the retired Symbol of Peace; All Might.

All Might remembered when he met Sir Nighteye for the first time when Mirai was a fan. Throughout the years they got along and worked together for a while until six years ago when their partnership dissolved. Years later, Mirai learned of All Might passing One for All to Izuku, which he strongly disagreed with. He wanted All Might to pass One for All to Mirio, which lead to the two heroes into an argument.

But now, Toshinori looks at Sir Nighteye's corpse with a silent sorrow inside while a police officer takes a photo of the body for evidence, blinding his eyes for a second. He wishes he could've spent more time and come into terms with his deceased partner.

Toshinori's thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a familiar mechanical breathing and heavy footsteps approaching the room. He glances at the entrance to see Vader entering the crime scene. Most of the police officers stop at what they're doing as they stare at the intimidating black monolith.

Most of the officers in the police force had not gotten along with Vader, due to the mess he left behind wherever he goes and leaving little to no surviving villains. To top it off, Vader was the reason why the city's crime rate dropped at a drastic rate and was given all the credit although he does not accept it and chose to humble himself, not wanting the attention.