Chapter 53: Making Amends

Shortly after delivering Izuku to the nurse's office, Anakin was brought down on his knees with his head slightly lowered. It was rare to see someone such as him to be in such a weak position.

But considering the situation he was in, it was quite understandable, for hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Recovery Girl bonked Anakin's head with her syringe cane to teach him a lesson in not endangering those around him.

Recovery Girl: Are you crazy?! You gone too far this time! You almost got them killed out there!

Anakin winced from Recovery Girl's lecture, rubbing his head after being whacked by her cane.

Recovery Girl: Then again, you want them to be prepared for the real world, so I can't really blame you. However...

Anakin raised his head from Recovery Girl's dramatic pause.

Recovery Girl: That doesn't mean I won't heal your fractured rib. Now pucker up, sugar.

Anakin's eyes comically bulge out his sockets when Recovery Girl puckers her wrinkly lips.

Anakin's thoughts: Obi-Wan, come pick me up. I'm scared.

XXXXX

Shortly after Recovery Girl left to go check up on something, Anakin had to wipe Recovery Girl's lipsticks off his face with what was left of his tattered cape. It was irritating for him, but at least it fixed him up.

Anakin's head turned over to Izuku and Katsuki when a thought crossed his mind. He recalled how Katsuki acted hostile toward Izuku almost all the time. He narrowed his eyes when he remembers how Katsuki outright refused to work with Izuku during their confrontation.

"We'll take him together."

"I'm taking him now!"

"Kacchan, wait!"

Anakin felt the feeling of Deja Vu when he remembered that moment. Katsuki had the same arrogance of his own when he and Obi-Wan fought Count Dooku on Geonosis, which costed his right arm.

Believing this was some rivalry he wasn't aware of, Anakin picked Katsuki and placed his left hand on the ash blonde's forehead, allowing himself to mind probe the unconscious boy without any resistance.

What he found was disturbing...

But he wasn't just disturbed from what he found in Katsuki's mind

He was furious...

XXXXX

Shortly after waking up, Izuku laid on his bed while staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression. His head was wrapped with a few bandages from the big showdown with Vader. He thought he had him figured him out, all the way down to his combat techniques, abilities, everything. But that thought of his shattered the moment he was engulfed the massive twister flashing with red lightning and nearly lost his life.