Chapter 34: The Tragedy of Darth Vader

In a nice and cozy living room, we find a charming senior man with glasses and a mustache reading a book by a fireplace. He flips a page as he hums to himself and turns the page. He adjusts his glasses as he continues on with the book he is enjoying.

 He adjusts his glasses as he continues on with the book he is enjoying

He stops reading his book and looks at YOU, the reader. A charming warm smile forms on his face.

Stan Lee: Ah, didn't see you there. Long time no see, ol' friend. Please, get comfortable for wherever your at and relax.

He closed his book and puts it aside for the story he has in mind.

Stan Lee: Tell me, did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Vader, the Chosen One?

You probably had heard or probably not heard of the story. But we'll just go with no.

Stan Lee: I thought not, it's not a story many would tell you. It's a Sith Legend.

Stan pulls out a blank book and opens it to the story he is about to read to you. He takes a sip of water before he begins with the story of the Chosen One.

Stan Lee:

"Darth Vader was once a Jedi Knight, formerly known as Anakin Skywalker. He was so powerful, he even had the potential to become one of the most powerful Jedi ever. Some even believed he was the prophesied Chosen One who would bring balance to the Force.

Unfortunately, Anakin was filled with sorrow and grief, which made him angry. Because of this, it made him desperate to gain the knowledge to keep the ones he cared about from dying. He learned that it was not possible to gain this power from a Jedi's perspective, and that he would have to use the Dark Side of the Force to harness this power. Anakin was then seduced by the Dark Side of the Force by his new master, Darth Sidious, and Anakin was given a new name, Darth Vader.

Darth Vader was the biggest Jedi killer in the Galaxy, and he struck fear to anyone who heard his name, or anyone who even laid eyes upon him. But, behind that fearsome mask was a man who was crippled, broken, depressed and emotionally hurt. After all he had done, he ended up losing everything.

Vader had many enemies and adversaries throughout his life. But his greatest enemy is an unexpected one. Not the rebels. Not the Jedi. Not even Darth Sidious, the man who manipulated him.

His greatest enemy is himself. The Dark Side fueled his hate, and he really hated himself, believing he was the one who killed his pregnant wife, who betrayed the Jedi, who even murdered children. He believed he was beyond redemption.

Vader's entire identity of his existence depended on the suppression and total annihilation of what he once was, the name that he had forgotten.

Anakin is gone... I am what remains

Anakin was weak. I destroyed him.

That name no longer has any meaning for me.