Chapter 26: Checkmate

At principal Nezu's office, Vader calls in a meeting with the principal to discuss the situation. He sits on a chair with Nezu sitting across. They discuss the issue while playing a game of chess. Vader puts his mechanical breathing on mute to focus and calculate on the game of chess, thanks to Mei Hatsume for adding that to his suit.

On the table, laid an open folder with details of the yandere incident from Vader's encounter. There was a profile of the deceased yandere who was known as Ayano Aishi. From what they learned, she was obsessed for Vader and was starting a cult dedicated to the Dark Lord.

The authorities confiscated her diary from her home for evidence and what was written in the book disturbed anyone who read it, especially Vader. In it was written about how Ayano followed Vader ever since he became a vigilante. She wrote about how she fell in love with him when she first saw him and how she wanted him all to herself. She wrote about how she kidnapped civilians and murdered them as a sacrifice to Vader.

The folder also contained photograph evidence of her home. Some photos showed her room, which had pictures of Vader all over the walls and ceiling. There was even a homemade plushie of himself and a shrine dedication to him. Vader swore to himself that he will go to his bacta tank after the meeting to clean himself and forget about his stalker who ran a cult dedicated to him.

And last but not least, there is a profile of another person: Yuri. Her full name is Yuri Fukuda. It goes into detail of herself. She attends a literature club at the school she goes to, with 4 other friends, Monika, Natsuki, Sayori, and a boy named Michael Connor, but people just call him 'MC' for short. And for the negative part, she's quirkless.

Yuri suffered from borderline personality disorder, and she had trouble with fitting in at school, due to other students making a mockery of her for being quirkless. She usually kept her distance from others whenever she wasn't at the literature club. She was a smart student and a very talented reader. Her negative personality changed when she had someone to look up to. That person was Vader. Yuri loved to read novels, mainly horror and fantasy. So when she learned about Vader, she admired him, due to his dark and mysterious style. And what made it better was when Vader stated how he's quirkless to the deceased All For One, and to the world. Now, she had someone to look up to, someone who's quirkless. It seemed to do the trick of helping her for the better.

Nezu finishes with reading the folder as he moves his white pawn piece, deeply disturbed from what he read from the folder.

Nezu: I can't understand what it feels like to have a stalker.

Vader moves a black knight, making his first move.

Vader: Not the first time I had one.

Nezu moves another white pawn, with Vader observing every move he makes.

Nezu: Care to elaborate, Mr. Skywalker?

That nurse. That goddamn nurse. Vader remembers about the nurse that collect scraps and pieces of himself whenever he wasn't around. She even took his cape when he left it to return to battle. That nurse met her demise when she confessed her love to him, if you can call it a confession. And she paid the price, by having his lightsaber shoved through her chest. She thought she could be a replacement of Padme? Not on his watch!

Vader dismisses these thoughts and moves his black pawn.

Vader: Trust me, protect your sanity from further atrocities.

Nezu gets the message. It's probably for the sake of his sanity and innocence. He moves one of his white pieces, with Vader doing the same with his black piece as well.

Nezu: What about her?

He gestures to the document profile of Yuri. Nezu is aware that Vader has a somewhat interest for her, but what?