Chapter 36: Survivors

Things had taken a turn for the better. Vader was finally able to move on from his past, overcoming the guilt that held him down. With his chains broken he was finally free, like how his daughter overcame the fear of her tormentor that haunted her. Vader accepted Midnight's confession after meeting with Padmé for one last time. He decided it was time to finally move on.

But now, Vader is on the move.

He is currently back at Kamino Ward, where the events that occurred in this town changed everything.

The reason why he's here of all places was because he was invited to the the Japanese Hero Billboard Chart by the Hero Commission president, herself. He replied by tearing the letter into pieces. Something about that woman steered him the wrong way.

Vader hated the idea of the Hero Billboard Chart with a passion. A lot of the pro heroes showed up to the event, instead of patrolling the streets and doing their jobs. The event was pretty much an opportunity for criminals and villains to do away with their deeds.

Vader didn't like the attention. He preferred to remain hidden in the shadows than compete for the number one hero spot, which was why he never wanted to be at the top hero rankings and never wanted his own agency. The only reason why there were merchandise of himself was because Principal Nezu highly recommended him to allow it. At least his daughter loved the merch, she would always carry around a small action figure of himself wherever she went.

Vader believed that this society's view on heroes was backwards. People viewed heroes as if they were celebrities. Having a hero competition was a waste of time, which was why he was getting along with Shota just fine. He chose to be an Underground Hero, comfortable with having less attention. The less people know anything about him, the better. He got more freedom when he's not at the top hero ranks and the Hero Commission can't really get close to him and learn about him. Vader didn't want to be a shiny icon like All Might, he wanted to be himself, Anakin Skywalker.

There are not many people that Vader respects. Some of the people he believe that should earn the title of heroes are the people he fought alongside with him in the Clone Wars.

The 501st legion were like brothers to him, especially Captain Rex. He displayed admiration, friendship, and huge respect for the boys in blue. He made it clear that he trusted them with his own life. He would lead them into battle at the frontlines himself, even when the odds were against him, which was how he earned the title "The Hero With No Fear." His heart silently mourned whenever one of them had fallen to the hands of their enemies, and he never wanted them to risk their lives.

Snapping back to reality, Vader looks around at the debris of where he and All Might fought against All For One, months ago. This is where he changed everything. With no true leader, the League of Villains should come crumbling down, yet he has a feeling that would not be the case. They're villains, but that doesn't mean he underestimates them. He knows that they're adapting to him, it makes sense to why they remain hidden for now.

Minus the fact that he heard word from detective Naomasa and Piett that they captured the warping villain, Kurogiri from a forest, after narrowly escaping from what he described as a "villain the size of a titan." Piett remembered when he was almost crushed by a huge fist. Thank the Force that he shot his trustworthy blaster right in its eye, otherwise he would've been stomped into jelly.

Vader puts aside his thoughts for now. He'll look into the "titan" and Kurogiri at a later date, he still has a job to do, and that is finding any other leads to the League of Villains.

He continued with his walk for some time until he found himself in front of the League of Villains' abandoned hideout. The place looked out of shape, covered with fresh graffiti, the hole All Might made and the entrance were covered up with yellow police line tapes.