Chapter 40: Mentors of the Past

Vader knocks on the front door of a house. He can hear a commotion inside while he patiently waits until the door opens, revealing to be Dabi.

Dabi: Oh, it's you.

Vader: We have important matters to discuss. Is now a good time for my visit?

Dabi glances to his left and right to see if the coast is clear and if no hero is nearby. He looks at Vader and notices he is carrying a black duffle bag over his shoulder. Dabi opens the door for his guest and Vader steps inside. He takes a look around with Dabi escorting him.

Dabi: Make yourself at home, your the one who bought this place after all.

He dryly said. Vader brought the duffle bag off his shoulder and handed it to Dabi.

Dabi: What is- this?!

He was surprised by the heavy weight of the duffle bag. Vader's cybernetic limb and suit has its advantages for such occasions.

Vader: I was able to successfully create your support device to stabalize your quirk.

Dabi raised an eyebrow when he opened the bag to see its contents. He was surprised to see two gauntlet-like gloves inside the bag.

Vader: Keep in mind these are only prototypes. They will only be able to work for your palms. I plan for an upgrade by adding an full cooling exoskeleton suit. You'll be able to reach your quirk's full potential with no drawbacks whatsoever.

He proudly said, leaving Dabi with wide eyes.

Dabi: H-how the hell did you get your hands on these?

Vader pondered to come up with a valid answer for Dabi's question...

FLASHBACK

*K A B O O M*

Vader's maintenance chamber exploded from Mei's infamous shenanigans when it comes to "making babies." He was thrown across the room and covered in ash from the explosion. He painfully groaned when he hit the wall and fell to the floor, and laid motionless. Most of his tools and gadgets were scattered all over the place, and his droids were malfunctioning from their damages.

The reason why Vader chose her out of all people was because she helped in repairing in his suit and her high intelligence.

Mei: Another successful procedure!

She says with sparkly eyes as she lifts the device above her head. Vader weakly raises his head from the floor.

Vader: Do y-you have to always- do this?

He weakly asked the pink-haired girl.

Mei: What? You said if I help you build this, you'd allow me to look around your lab and inspect your babies! Oh I can't wait to tear them apart and see what makes them tick!

The obsessive inventor scares Vader to the core. He already has his regrets for asking Mei for help with building the gauntlets.

Vader: