Chapter 100

Eren POV

Striding through the halls, Eren ignored the cowering servants who bowed to him the second he emerged from the shadows. No doubt did they know who he was and were ready to do anything to save their lives. Not that Eren had any interest in hurting them.

No.

My goal is far greater, he thought with a grim look on his face. Destroying his father was one of his highest priorities but first that bastard had to understand what he had done. That it had been his own deeds, that drove a part of his army into Eren's waiting arms.

The Prince smirked. Only a few simple words and they were ready to be at his beck and call. Oh, his father hadn't played his cards well and Eren would enjoy every single moment that he was making this clear to the old man.

With about fifty armed soldiers behind him and Marlow and Hitch by his side, he walked through the palace' entrance after some of the soldiers gestured their companions that it was okay to let him pass. He almost snarled at their audacity to believe that they would actually be able to stop him.

No one could. Not after he had lost everything to this cause and this cause alone.

The wide, graveled area in front of the palace was empty save for a few soldiers on top of the walls surrounding it.

But a simple gesture was enough to stop them from alerting the part of the army still loyal to Grisha. Eren didn't fool himself. He was aware that about half of the soldiers wouldn't betray the king.

Some of them were probably to afraid of the consequences but the rest was loyal to his father without a doubt. Well. He would deal with them later on. If any of them survived the night that slowly dawned on them.

He stopped a few meters before the giant walls of stone and remembered fondly how he crawled up and up to get to Historia. Now she would be the one coming for him. The army was restless in his back and he listened to their worried murmurs. An awful silence filled the place but Eren was as calm as ever, waiting for the signal he had agreed upon with Historia.

A dark smile shone on his lips when he heard the sharp whistle on the other side of the wall and called out: "Open the gates!"

The soldiers did as asked and the doors creaked and groaned when they got pulled open, revealing maybe a hundred soldiers on the other side. Some of them were on horseback, some here by foot.

Eren inclined his head as Queen Historia urged her mount forward with an impatient click of her tongue and rode across the bridge between them. The soldiers followed her without hesitating for even a second and Eren admired their courage, riding right into their enemy's territory just because their Queen had assured them that it would be alright.

The young Queen was wearing trousers, grey as a wolves' fur and the upper part of a uniform fitting for her rank. Her hair had been plaited into a simple braid and stuck to the back of her head.

"Your Majesty.", Eren greeted her politely when she pulled on her horse's reins, stopping it after a short look around the place. Hitch and Marlow knelt down on one knee, greeting their Queen with a lowered head.

"You don't have it so bad here either.", Historia smirked and signaled Hitch and Marlow to stand up. Eren sent her a half-hearted smile. "It is good to see you in an acceptable attire, I have to admit."

"As much as I would like to have a chat with you, we have more urgent matters to handle and time is such a delicate thing after all."

"Of course. I hope you don't object to us taking matters into our own hands once we enter the palace?"