Chapter Two.

He lays down beside me and closes his eyes. He doesn't even look at me. It's three in the morning and he just came back from work. I had been waiting for him to come back home so that I can sleep peacefully. I look at him and his side profile is so breath-taking, I just cannot control myself sometimes, I want to hug him. Just once, but I'm scared he might get angry.

"What is it, Marilyn?" He asks suddenly, making me nearly jump out of my skin. His eyes are still close, so how does he know that I am staring at him like a creep?

The only thing he did, that made me believe that we really were married, was that he let me sleep with him in his room.

He never asked me to sleep in another room or on the couch, nor did he did those things himself. 

And that makes me happy, at least I have him by my side at night and that's enough for me. 

I close my eyes and stay quiet, trying to make him believe that I wasn't staring at him. I feel him shift on the bed but I still don't open my eyes.

"Why are you still awake?" He asks. Dang, He knows that I'm not sleeping. I open my eyes slowly and avoid looking at him, he is facing me now and our faces are just inches apart. 

"I wasn't sleepy." I lie. I can feel his eyes on me and this is making me nervous. He brings his hand towards my face and gently caresses my cheek.

If I die from the shock it's all his fault. He's never touched me so gently before. 

He's never touched me like that. He only touches me when he wants me out of his way. And that's not a gentle touch.

I feel my breath getting rapid and I look at him, he's looking at me but his face holds no expressions. 

"Stop waiting for me to come home and go to sleep on your time." He says. I feel confident by his touch so I decide to ask him what I've been wanting to ask for a long time.

"Can't you come home early?" I ask, he frowns and removes his hand from my cheek.

"What for?" He asks.

"We can spend some time together," I suggest.

"Don't be silly, Marilyn. I don't have time for such things. Go to sleep now." He says as he turns away from me, breaking my heart once again. 

I try hard to stop myself from crying, but I just can't. He never cares for my feelings. 

And it hurts.

Tears start to escape from my eyes and I cover my mouth with my hand to stifle a sob. I know he knows that I'm crying but he's so heartless that he doesn't even turn around to comfort me or do anything. 

I cry for a while before drifting off to sleep. 

And wake up with a massive headache. What a great start to the day.

After he leaves for work I decide to visit my best friend in the afternoon, because I need to talk to someone before I explode with all the emotions that I've been keeping inside.

 Hours later, I'm sitting in front of her pouring my heart out as she listens to me without interrupting.

I look at her and I'm on the verge of tears.

"Hey, it's going to be alright. I promise." She squeezes my hand and tells me, but I know she's not confident about what she's saying.

"Brooke, I don't even feel like I'm married and this is saying something. He's never really there, on the rare occasions when he is, he just sleeps or stays in his study." 

Brooklyn scoots closer to me.

"Are you sure he's not cheating on you?" She asks, I roll my eyes.

"How can he? He has no interest in women."