Chapter Forty-Eight.

Maybe wanting to kiss her is an improvement.

Or my way to destruction.

After she leaves the room, my mind refuses to let go of the image of her lips that is now tattooed in my mind.

I want to feel her lips against mine, without changing the dynamic of our relationship, is that doable or am I just stupid?

 I keep on trying to focus on the book that I was reading before she came and took all my attention but to no use.

Her lips are the only thing I can think about right now.

Amongst all these useless thoughts, my phone rings bringing me back to reality. It's William. I'm pretty sure he's calling because he's back here and probably nearby.

I look at the time and am quite shocked to find out it's been quite some time since she left, I put aside my book which I had been ignoring for quite some time now.

I ignore the call and leave my study to go look for her. I had to tell her to get ready so that she could meet William. He's my best friend even though he forced me to befriend him back in second grade but I'm not complaining. 

Because maybe, without him, I'd be lonely.  

I make my way downstairs just to meet a very unexpected scene. I don't see her at first but somehow I sense her presence, I don't know how to explain it. But I just do.

William passes me a strange smile when he sees me, which tells me he just did something he wasn't supposed to do. 

She appears right behind him, so I was right, my senses were telling me the right thing and yes, I'm sure William did let his guard down and we're fucked.

He tries to cover up his nervousness by trying to subtly flirt with her, trying to show me everything's fine but I know him like the back of my hand.

 "I fucked up." He says as soon as she leaves.

"I figured, what did you do?" He lets out a huge rush of air.

"Marilyn has no fucking clue about who you really are, right?" I know where this is going.

I nod, not bothering to waste my words.

"Are you fucking insane, Aiden? If she finds out the truth she's going to divorce your ass and reveal everything to the... I don't know, world."

"Know what? She can't do shit, she's nothing without me. I won't let her leave me."

I feel his eyes tear through my skin the moment these words leave my mouth.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Aiden? You're literally destroying her life. First your grandfather got her married to you, I don't know for what sick reason and now you're concealing the truth from her? This is not okay."

"I'll tell her when the time is right." I tell him, There's so much more to this that even he doesn't know right now. And when he does he's definitely going to kill me.

*

He was a nice man, I remember that much even though I only met him like twice. He was the first magazine editor I ever felt comfortable talking too even though he was here to fuck up my life, I still felt there was a good vibe to him.

But still I knew that this wasn't okay, if the news articles went out we were definitely fucked.

But grandpa didn't agree with me on that.

"Let him. No one's gonna believe some shitty news article anyways. Let him do what he wants and then we'll do what we think is right."

I shake my head and suppress my urge to scoff.

"Are you feigning ignorance or do you really have no idea how influential that broadcasting channel is?"

He looks at me like I'm the dumbest person alive. 

"Aiden, nothing... and I repeat, nothing can take us down. I can set fire to that damned broadcasting station in minutes what are you even talking about?"

"You're unbelievable. When are you going to stop destroying things for others?" I ask knowing damn well I won't be getting a straight answer.

"People need things to be destroyed for them, so they could learn to behave."

This makes no sense at all.

--

A car crash?

Does he think I'll believe that?

He did it again.

He destroyed another family.

Maybe families. 

He destroyed families, I'm sick and tired of defending him.

He's not a good man and that means neither am I.

*

I look at her, her back turned towards me. It must've been hard on her and her mother. I know what it feels like to see your loved ones alive and well in the morning, just to lose them in mere hours.

I feel a strange anger starting to build up inside me. It's as if I could just kill her right here and put an end to this. It's better than waiting for her to find out everything. She'll hate me, and I'm fine with it. But she'll leave me and leaving me would only make her life harder than it already is.

Grandpa will have her finished off. He'll show no mercy. He never has.

He'll have her finished off just like her dad.

I kind of fear the time when she'll find out what actually happened to her father. 

I'm not looking forward to that.

*********

Author's note:

Hello, I'm back! Not with a very nice update I must say but I was going through a lot, Writer's block, exhaustion and exams.

But now I'm free, for like five days but at least I don't have exams again for like a month.

I'll definitely try to update more often and not disappear for a month or so (Sorry for that)

Anyways so, thank you so much as always for giving this book a chance. Warning here, things may get bloody or emotional going forward.

Now, I'll see you on the next update. If you have any inquiries, go follow my Instagram (bookwormbiya)

Love you all!