Chapter Nineteen.

"What are you doing here?" I place my hands under the running water, trying to show him that I'm not afraid of him. But little does he know, my hands are shaking. Shaking from fear.

"I wanted to talk to you," He says and takes a step towards me. "Alone." He brings his hand towards my face and strokes my cheek. I slap his hand away and take a step back.

"Don't touch me." He smirks at this.

"What if I do? We've grown up. You should realize that I never had any bad intentions." I roll my eyes at this.

"No bad intentions? Really, Ethan? Are you trying to make me laugh?" I ask him, he takes another step towards me.

"I missed you so much over the years but then I heard you were getting married. It broke my heart." He says. How can he lie this much? Does he not realize that I knew him for four years? I know how much of an asshole he can be.

"Don't try to talk me about anything except for business. You're my husband's client and that's it." I try to walk past him but he grabs my arm and pulls me towards him.

"We can at least be friends again." He says. I snatch my arm from him and continue walking towards the bathroom door.

He follows me and grabs my arm again. I let out a frustrated sigh and push him away from me.

"Stop touching me! If you continue this I'll tell Aiden about everything and he'll fucking kill you!" I shout, not caring that my voice will probably be heard by the people outside. 

Ethan's expressions change at this. He should be scared, his company is not bigger than Hayes and Co. and he's lucky that Aiden offered him this project.

If I tell Aiden about everything that he's done to me, Ethan will be done for.

And I'll make sure to do that if he lay hands on me again. 

He doesn't try to stop me again, so I open the door and step outside.

I go over to our table and sit down.

"What took you so long?" Aiden asks. 

"I was checking my makeup." I lie once again. I don't know why I hide the major things from him. 

I should tell him everything, he's my husband, after all. He should know everything.

But I decided to give Ethan another chance, which I shouldn't but for the sake of the project, I decided to give him a chance.

But I just have this feeling, that I'm going to regret this.

*

We reach home at eleven, we drove in silence and Aiden looked like he was thinking about something while he drove. I hope it's not about me or Ethan because I just know that Aiden is getting his doubts about us.

I reach my room somehow, my feet are hurting like hell. I hate these shoes. I'm positive I'm not going to be able to walk the next day because these shoes ruined my feet.

Upon reaching my room, I sit down on the floor and start taking off the heels, tears are stinging my eyes because of the pain. It wasn't much a while ago but now it's increasing. 

Aiden enters the room and looks down at me, trying to take off my heels but the stupid strap is being stubborn again.

"What are you doing on the floor?" He asks, I look up at him and he instantly sees the tears in my eyes.

"What happened, Marilyn?" He asks, leaning down to my level and offering me his hands so that he can help me stand up. I take his hands and he heaves me up, but just as I stand up my feet give up, I grab onto his arms as he wraps them around my waist to prevent me from falling.