Chapter Seventeen.

If I thought that my life will be full of romance and cheesy pickup lines after that night, I was wrong.

My husband, who's also my boss doesn't show affection like a lovesick puppy. Understandable. He's a twenty-seven years old grown man and the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the US. So, how can I expect him to change this drastically? Because I swear, if he acted like that I'd have died of shock.

He still ignores me at times and it's only been a week since he said that he's willing to try but so far I can't see any noticeable changes. 

He talks to me a little more now and we haven't kissed since that night. I want to make a move on him but what if he rejects me? The only intimate thing we've been doing is sleeping together. Not that sleeping together but he pulls me closer whenever we lie down together and that's enough to give me butterflies in my stomach.

He just said he's going to give this a chance and by that, I guess he meant giving this all a chance but from a distance. I was having doubts that he may be drunk that night but he wasn't.

His mood swings are something I can't seem to get used to. And there are so many questions in my mind, why didn't he want to give this marriage a chance? What are the things he's been hiding from me?

I fear that I won't be able to get my answers. Ever.

I pick up the file he gave me this morning and open it. Another meeting, another day.

I get so tired, he walks so damn fast and it's so hard to keep up with his pace, he reaches the meeting room exactly on time, not a minute early not a minute late. I can slowly start to see why he's the most successful businessman in the country. He hates to waste time, but still, I try to waste some of his time with my dumb questions.

He needs to loosen up a little. It's not healthy to work all the damn time.

"Are you just going to stare at that?" His voice forces me to jump out of my thoughts, I blink and look up at him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. Dumb question Marilyn.

He raises his eyebrows and I stand up quickly.

"I'm sorry. I was just looking at the file." Sometimes it's difficult to keep a balance between my personal and professional life. Sometimes, when we're in the office I forget that he's my boss so I talk to him like I talk to my husband and he hates that.

"That's exactly what I said, do you plan on staring at it all day? We have the meeting tomorrow and you know I hate mistakes." He says, I nod and look down.

Then I look up again when he doesn't leave.

"We're going to have a business dinner tomorrow. Make sure to get ready as soon as you get off work." He turns around and starts to leave my cabin when I stop him.

"Am I going with you as your wife or as your secretary?" I ask him. He stops but doesn't turn around.

"Both." With that, he leaves.

Now how am I supposed to be both? I don't understand him sometimes and I don't understand my life sometimes like what the hell am I doing with my life? 

Well, just trying to get my husband to appreciate me and love me. That's what I'm doing.

*

The next day, I decided to ask him to let me off work early because I would need some time in getting ready. I know I should leave work with my boss or even after him because I'm his secretary but I also need to look my best tonight, I guess we're going to have dinner with the same people we met last time, so maybe I'll dress up in something that's not too revealing.