Chapter Forty-Three.

"How the fuck am I supposed to live with her? Do you have any idea who she is?" I'm yelling like a maniac but I don't care, I don't fucking care anymore. My life's in a mess because of this man sitting in front of me.

"Calm down, Aiden." He says it like I'm a little kid throwing a tantrum about a silly thing.

"Calm down? That's all you're going to say huh?" I sit down in front of him and lean forward, placing my elbows on my knees.

He looks at me and straightens up a little.

"It doesn't matter who her father was, all that matters is that she has no clue what he was up to before he died and she's your wife now. Even if she finds out, she will never do anything about it."

"And why do you think she won't do anything about it?" I ask him, I want to laugh, run away from this mess.

"Because she's your wife." He says it like it's the obvious answer.

"So?"

"So she'll listen to you," I don't think I'm following him but still I nod.

"Listen to me? Okay, I have no idea what you're on about but maybe this is another one of your genius plans but I'm not going to be a part of this anymore, I'm out." I stand up ready to leave his house and go straight to my lawyer and ask him to prepare the divorce papers.

"Take one step out of this house and she'll have to face the consequences." His words force me to stop in my tracks, it's not that I care if she lives or dies, but I can't believe he just said this.

Why would he make anyone else suffer just because I'm not cooperating with him?

But nonetheless, I turn and look at him again.

"Do whatever you want to do."

Three minutes later, when I leave his house, the divorce papers aren't even in my line of thought.

*

It's been a couple of months since my life became a living hell but I'm not even complaining.

Because I'm barely even home most days, I spend my nights in the office under the pretense of office work but in reality, I'm trying to make up my mind about whether this is the life I'll like to lead or whether I should tell her to leave me. That way no one will face any consequences and everything will return to normal.

I open the front door and step inside, knowing fully well that she'll be waiting for me.

Sure enough, she is.

Just like every day she'll try to make small talk, try to have a conversation with me, and like every day I'll push her away from me.

Because I don't want her in my life.

I can't trust anyone. Hence, I want to spend my life alone.

My parents and sister passed away in a car accident when I was six, at least that was what I believed until I was thirteen.

I was in the car with them, so how was it that they all died and only I survived?

My sister's body was never found which seemed strange to me even then, because how did her body disappear? That would've only meant one thing,

That she was alive.

But I was forced to accept that she was dead and I was the sole survivor of that accident.

Many things were off about it, how did the brakes fail when the cars went into maintenance every month and regularly checked for any issues?

Why was it that the driver took an off on the very day we had to be somewhere in all costs?

Why was it that I, was found several feet away from the car with only minor injuries?

Every question that kept invading my mind since that horrific night got answers the day I turned thirteen.

My worst fears proved right that day.

My family was indeed

Murdered.

Not by anyone else but by the person I never thought would be capable of doing something so unthinkable of.

The person who raised me.

And probably saved me from that accident for his own benefit.

My grandfather.

I fear that the day I provide him with an heir, he'll have me and my wife killed just like he killed my parents.

And that's why I want my wife to get out of this mess or we'll go inside the hell hole together.

My sister, it turned out did survive the car crash, but never made it back to home because the people who saved her didn't have it in their minds to send her back.

They raised her to be one of them.

To turn her against her own family. And a part of me is thankful that she is where she is.

Or else she wouldn't have survived again.

No one knows that she's alive.

Except for me. She only let me know that. On our thirteenth birthday.

She let me know that she was alive, and the truth about the man I was living with. She told me to be careful and to forget that I ever had a sister.

But I didn't want to forget her and nor could I do anything about the situation I was in. I couldn't escape from my grandfather, I depended on him. Sometimes I still do.

He's my only family.

Wait, maybe he isn't my only family anymore.

I open my eyes a little and there she is sitting down beside me, trying not to wake me up but little does she know, I never slept.

Maybe she's my family too.

If I just accept her.

Maybe she'll be able to understand where I'm coming from.

Maybe if we start understanding each other, one day we'll get out of this together and start a new life.

I close my eyes again and suppress my urge to scoff at my thoughts.

I'm thinking too much for a man who wants nothing from life.

I should think about ways to get this girl out of my life. That's the easy way out.

Accepting her in my life will be too risky.

For both of us.

_________

Author's Note:

Hey lovelies,

First off, I'm so sorry for the super late update. I was quite busy with my exams. I started

 university a couple of months ago so I had to pay my full attention to my exams.

And then I suddenly hit writer's block.

I'll try to be more regular with my updates as the story is really going forward now.

Thank you so much for waiting.

This means so much to me.

Thank you so much for giving your love to this book.

I'll see you with a new update.

Until then!