Chapter Thirty-Six.

"That would be a hundred and seventy dollars." The cashier says.

I hand her my debit card which holds no more than five hundred dollars, I'm still looking for a stable job and of course, I'm broke.

I'll be lying if I said that I hadn't gotten used to all the luxuries I enjoyed when I lived with him, but this is my life now.

I'm back in Brooklyn and living in the apartment I used to live in before I got married, I'm at an advantage here because Aiden doesn't know I had my place all this time, so he can't find me.

It's been two weeks since I last saw him, and to be honest it's hard. I miss him every day. 

Brooke rarely leaves me alone, I filled her in on all the things that happened that day and she supported my decision. She's ready to be the coolest aunt ever.

After paying for my groceries, I step out of the mart and walk towards my place. I don't have a car so I walk everywhere because it's cheap. I feel like a student all over again.

Sometimes Brooke offers me a ride but I don't like to bother her often because she has a job and a life. In contrast, I'm just a lonely, pregnant woman.

I learned last week that I'm four weeks pregnant so it's pretty new. I'm very scared of what might happen when I give birth because I'm sure Aiden will find out one day that I gave birth to his child. Just thinking of that makes me nervous. How will I face him?

I take a deep breath and unlock my apartment door. I'll have to make dinner now, I can't just starve because now I have another life to take care of. I've grown to love this little bean growing inside me so much, that whenever I think of calling Aiden and begging him to take me back I remember that night and how my baby will have to live a life like that, and I stop. I have to be strong for my baby to have a decent life.

After dinner, I lie down on my old-ass couch and turn on the TV. That's my life now. I eat, watch TV, and sleep. Well, I eat ALOT and that's why I am broke as fuck.

I still have to find a job but it's hard to land one nowadays. I've been dropping my CV here and there and I hope no one recognizes me as the infamous Marilyn Hayes, the girl who stole Aiden Hayes' heart. Stole his heart, my foot. They don't even know half of it.

But even if anyone does recognize me then what? maybe they'll just give me a job thinking that I'm here for some fun. And they'll probably inform Aiden about his wife's whereabouts.

Now that I think about it, marrying him was the worst decision ever.

I'm lying. I'm such a liar.

I place my hand on my flat stomach. Just a few months and then I'll be showing. How will I give birth?

Will I be all alone?

What if I go into labor and couldn't reach the hospital in time?

What if I die during labor, who will take care of my baby?

These things make me want to go back to Aiden. I know he'll take care of his child no matter what.

I take a deep breath and get up from the couch. I should get some sleep, it's 11 already. Just as I start making my way to my bedroom, I hear the doorbell ring.

I roll my eyes, Trust Brooke to come to visit me at the time when I'm about to die from sleep.

The bell rings again.

"I'm coming!" I yell as I make my way towards the door. What is she even doing here at this time? I'm pretty sure she had a date today. 

I unlock the door and open it. Expecting to face my best friend.

"Long time no see, Marilyn." 

This isn't the first time that I've forgotten how to breathe. I really can't breathe. I can't believe my eyes right now.

This is not happening right when I was going to sleep. No.

I grip the door handle firmly and open my mouth.

"You're going to ask how I found you, let's just say I used my connections." He smiles and starts getting inside.

"Where do you think you're going?" I ask him. He raises his eyebrows, and pushes me out of his way, completely ignoring my question.

Surprised at his bold actions I follow him inside not bothering to shut the door. I can't trust him.

"Get out right now!" I yell at that person who's now sitting down on my couch.

"Come here, Marilyn. You know I won't be leaving you alone until I get what I want." He tells me.

"What do you want?" I ask him, even though I know what he wants.

"You. I want you."

I fake a laugh and cross my arms across my chest.

"Get out right now, or I'll call the police." He smirks and looks beside him on the couch. 

My mobile phone. Shit. I'm so dumb.

"Get out," I tell him again, but this time my voice is a little weak.

He stands up and starts walking toward me. Maybe he really is leaving.

I think I'll have to leave this place. He knows where I live, he-

He wraps his arms around my waist, forcing me out of my thoughts. 

"Leave me." I try to keep my voice calm but I'm failing to stay calm right now. But I have to stay calm, I don't want to kill him. I'm pregnant. I can't give birth to my baby in jail.

"I didn't come here to leave you." He whispers. 

"I'll kill you if you don't." I threaten him. He smiles.  

"You can't." He tightens his grip around me as he starts to lower his lips over mine. I start trying to pull him away, but his grip is very strong around my waist. Tears start forming in my eyes but I push them away. I can't be weak right now. I can't let him do this to me.

I wrap my hands in his hair and pull his locks with all my strength, resulting in him stopping in his tracks, he doesn't seem to be in any pain which is worse. 

"Leave me right now!" I yell at him, I still have hope. He can't do this to me. He tried it once, he won't do it twice.

"I can't help but wa-," 

Suddenly, his arms are no longer around my waist, his mouth is no longer near mine, and he's no longer standing in front of me. 

He's now, lying in front of me.

"I told you I'll kill him with my own hands, didn't I Marilyn Hayes?"