Chapter Thirty-Three.

We have lunch in a nice restaurant near the office. He doesn't talk about work at all, instead, we talk about random things. He wants to take me shopping next week, this is shocking but it makes me so happy. He's trying, he's trying to make this work and I'm sure that in a few months we really will be like those normal couples.

Maybe we'll start planning for babies in several months or a year. I want to have babies soon but it's only been four months since we got married and I'm sure Aiden isn't even thinking about having kids right now.

It's not until five in the evening when I start feeling nauseous again, I say again because I kept feeling queasy while I was with him but I ignored it. 

I dash out of my cabin and rush straight to the washrooms. 

After emptying my stomach's content in the toilet I stand up wiping my mouth. Why am I feeling this way?

Did I eat something wrong last night? This feeling keeps on getting worse. I need to see a doctor.

But should I tell Aiden? He's probably too busy to deal with me right now.

I decide to call Brooke, she'll know what to do. She always knows what to do.

She picks up on the third bell.

"Brooke, I'm dying." I don't even say hello, I get this out of my system because I feel like I'm dying. I'm quite sure of it.

"What do you mean? Are you okay? Where are you?" She starts panicking on the other end.

"No, Brooke. I just returned from the washroom, I've been feeling nauseous since yesterday and threw up just now. I'm scared." 

I hear her sigh in relief.

"Oh honey, let me  come to you and we'll figure this out together." She says.

"Come on, I don't want you to travel all the way here, aren't you at work or something?" I ask her.

"Nope, I took an off today. And I'm already on my way to see you, surprise." 

Oh god, see why I love this girl so damn much?

*

"Just go inside and take the damn test," Brooke takes my hand in hers and looks at me. I can see that she's nervous too.

"But what if it's positive?" I ask her. She takes a deep breath.

"Don't you want kids?" She asks me.

"I do, but this is too early. I don't even know if he wants kids or not." 

What if it's positive and he asks me to finish it? 

Or what if he leaves me?

"Just go and take the test," She says again. I nod this time.

It's time to face the truth.

I step inside the washroom. We are at my house currently. I hope Aiden won't come home early.

After taking the test, I lean against the sink and let out a shaky breath. What if it comes out positive? Maybe after learning that my husband is in the mafia I've changed my mind. I don't want to bring a child into this world just to put him or her in danger because if I am in danger just because I am his wife that means my child would be in danger too.

I don't want this to happen right now, I don't.

"Everything okay in there?" I hear Brooke's voice outside.

"Yes." I manage to get this out and then close my eyes.

"It's going to be okay." I hear her again.

Several seconds later there's a knock on the door. 

"Yes?" 

"Your husband's calling you," Brooke says from the other side of the door.

I begin to open the door when my eyes cut to the pregnancy test.

Still nothing. I'll have to wait a little longer.

I open the door and take the phone from Brooke's hand.

If I talk to him right now, I'd end up telling him what I've been up to. He's already so stressed about work, I can't add to that stress.

I end up canceling the call and go back into the bathroom.

With shaking hands I pick up the pregnancy test, wishing with everything in me that it would turn out negative.

The words written on it hit me like a truck and nearly knock me out of breath.

Pregnant.