Chapter Fifteen.

I wake up early the next morning because I have to get ready for work. I look beside myself and find no one there. Maybe he already woke up.

Or maybe he went to work early.

I get out of bed and go inside the closet to choose my clothes for today. I'm quite nervous to face him today after what happened yesterday. But as he said, he keeps his work and personal life separate so I don't think he would say anything to me.

Half an hour later, I stand in front of the mirror dressed in a white button-down shirt and black mid-thigh pencil skirt with black pumps. I leave my hair loose on either side of my head, coat my eyelashes with mascara, and my lips with a light pink lipstick. I make sure to cover up the purple marks on my neck. They were hurting last night but now the pain has subsided.

I climb down the stairs thinking that he'd already be on the breakfast table. I enter the dining room and look at his chair which is empty.

"Tessa!" I sit down on my chair and call her, the breakfast is already set on the table so maybe he already had his breakfast? She comes hurrying from the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mrs. Hayes." I smile at her.

"Did Aiden leave for the office?" I ask her, she shakes her head.

"Mr. Hayes didn't come home last night." She tells me.

What the fuck?

"What do you mean? When did he leave yesterday?" I ask her, why didn't I know about this?

"He left in the evening, he seemed quite angry."

He must've left immediately after our argument.

"Okay, he may be in the office then. Thanks for the breakfast."

I know I shouldn't be worried about his whereabouts, he's not a little kid but still, he didn't come home last night. Where did he spend the night then?

I finish my breakfast and leave for the office immediately. I have to see him stop me from worrying. Despite everything, I must take care of him and I need to make sure he's okay.

I enter the office and the first person I see is him, he walks towards me giving me that sickening smile of his.

"Not now, Jason." I walk past him swiftly even before he could utter my name. I reach his office and knock on the door once and then enter the office without waiting for him to allow me entrance.

I close the door behind me and find no one there.

Anna enters the office behind me.

"Is everything okay, Marilyn?" She places her hand on my shoulder and asks, I look at her.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Why isn't Mr. Hayes here yet?" She asks me.

He isn't here?

"What do you mean, he isn't here yet?" I ask her, she frowns.

"I don't know, I thought you'd know." She says. I can't tell her what happened between us.

"Oh, he had some work to take care of. I'll call him to see when he'll be arriving." Anna nods.

"Come to the staff lounge when you're free." She tells me, I smile at her and she leaves the office.

Where in the hell is he?

I walk over to his desk and see that there are no signs of him being here last night. I sit down on the edge of his desk and pull out my phone from my skirt's pocket.