Chapter Thirty-Seven.

I nearly choke on my spit.

He's looking at me, and I'm trying my best to ignore him. Finally, he turns his eyes from me and steps toward the person lying in front of me. Probably dead.

This is a dream. This all can't be happening right now. On the same day, within the same hour? Nope. I'm dreaming. I'm pretty sure that I'm dreaming.

He kneels on the ground and pokes Ethan's shoulder. He's checking if he's dead or not, but how can he be dead when all he did was shoot-

He shot him. 

There's blood under my feet. Again.

"What did you just do?" I ask him, my voice shaking. I might pass out. 

He looks up at me and clicks his tongue. 

"Not dead. I wish he was." He says as if he was talking about what he had for lunch.

He stands up again when he gets no reply from me because I am stunned as fuck.

But who am I kidding? He's a mafia, a heartless one.

"How have you been?" 

I feel like throwing up. All the blood under my feet is not helping my situation at all. 

"I want you out of my place, right now." I manage to get these words out with incredible difficulty. 

He takes a step toward me.

"Trust me, Marilyn. I didn't want to come here in the first place, but I had to." He keeps on looking at me, not giving me any further explanation as to why he came here.

"If I remember correctly, you told me that the second I step out of that house, it's over between us. So why are you here?" I ask him. 

"Because I missed you," He says, my heart lurches and I hate that. I hate that he still has this effect on me.

I hate that he's in front of me and I just want to hug him. I hate everything.

I open my mouth to say something but he's not finished yet.

"And, you're pregnant." His eyes meet mine and I see no expression in them. They're cold. 

My heart starts thrashing against my chest. How did he know? Did Brooke tell him?

How can he know about this?

"Did you think I would never find out that you're carrying my child?" He asks, he takes another step towards me, then another. until he's just inches apart from my face.

"How dare you hide this from me, Marilyn Hayes?" His voice is dangerously low and it is sending chills down my spine.

I capture my bottom lip between my teeth and look up at him trying hard not to let him know that I'm scared.

"You killed that man. You kill people, I won't let my baby grow up with a murderer." My words don't seem to affect him at all because he closes the little distance between us until his lips are slightly brushing mine.

"Your baby? Did you forget that it takes two to create a new life? Did you, by any chance, forget that I am the reason you're carrying this child?" He demands, his voice is barely a whisper now. But it seems like it's echoing in the whole apartment.

My heart seems like it would explode any minute now. It seems like I want him to kiss me. It must be the hormones. But I want this man. I want my husband. I want him.

We stare into each other's eyes. Our lips still brushing, but none of us tries to close the distance between them.

"If you did, do you want me to make you remember?" He asks again. 

Yes. Yes, I do. I do. I want him. I want him. I want him so b-

Before I could tell him to leave, I find his lips over mine, kissing me so hard that I'm afraid that he might rip my lips off my face.

I want him but I can't. I can't have him, because if I give into my desires, he'll ruin my life. He'll ruin my baby's life.

I push him away from me and wipe my lips roughly.

"Stop. Just stop!" 

He looks at me, his eyes full of desire. Lust. Hunger.

"I can't. You want me, Marilyn.  You want me so bad." He says. I nod.

"Yes. Yes, I want you but I can't have you back in my life." He looks away for a second. His jaw tenses visibly.

"I want you to have the baby in my house." After a few seconds, he voices these words.

 I want to tell him that I don't want to come with him but that would be a lie. I want him by my side. Maybe he'll change his ways for his child.

"Aiden I-,"

"This is not a request, this is an order. As your husband, and the father of this child, I'm ordering you to pack your bags right now and leave here with me." His voice is firm, and I know it will be pointless to argue with him. He does have all the rights over me and the little human inside me.

"How do you even know about this?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"Do you think by hiding away the pregnancy test and calling the doctor before calling me will prevent me from finding out that my wife is pregnant? You forgot that every servant in my house works under me, they always tell me everything. Each and everything, Marilyn. It didn't take me long to find out."

Dang. How can I forget this? But the cat's out of the bag now. A part of me is happy that he came all this way to get me but a part of me, a big part of me is scared. Scared of the life I and my baby will have to live while living with him.

"Are you going to keep on standing there?" He asks me.

"Do something about him and leave, I'm not coming with you," I tell him, making my voice as firm as possible.

"Do you want me to pick you up or drag you to the car?" 

"Aiden, I'm not coming with you." Maybe if I keep insisting on this, he might just leave me alone.

He takes a few rapid steps toward me until he is back in front of me.

"I swear to God, if you don't come with me right now, I won't let you see your child's face ever. You know I can do that and I will if you keep this up." 

Tears start filling my eyes because I know I have no choice but to just go with him. I know he can be heartless. I know if I don't listen to him he would separate my baby from me.

"I hate you." I manage to get these words out. He smiles.

"I know you love me, Marilyn." 

God dammit.