Chapter Four.

I cried myself to sleep again last night and woke up with swollen eyes and a headache. I stretch my arms thinking that I am alone on the bed but to my surprise, I find my right arm on top of a certain somebody's face.

I look to my right hoping that I didn't wake him up. What the hell is he doing here?

The last thing I remember from last night was that I was alone in bed, after coming home he went straight to the study and didn't come back.

I am so mad at him, I hate him for what he did yesterday but right now, looking at him sleeping like a baby, it feels so hard to stay mad at him. I don't know if he's eating properly during work or not, he looks so tired, so worn out.

I want to take care of him. I want him to let me take care of him, after all, I'm his wife. It saddens me to think that I care for him so much and he doesn't even care about me.

I get up and go to the washroom to freshen up. It's a Saturday morning so I got to sleep until ten and I'm happy about that. I love my sleep so damn much.

He doesn't go to work on the weekends, of course, instead, he stays home or goes out with friends. He never takes me out and that's something I'm getting used to now. I decided to call Mr. Hayes while I prepare the breakfast. 

When I came to this house two months ago, I was so determined to make this all work that I practically begged Aiden to give the household staff an off on the weekends. He listened to me for the first and probably the last time and did what I asked for. 

I love to cook so the weekends are my favorites because I get to cook whatever I want to without anyone interrupting me. Though I wish Aiden would interrupt me while I'm cooking, you know like they do in the movies when the wife is cooking and the husband disturbs her by giving her kisses and all.

Me and my fantasy world.

But sometimes, the weekends make me feel awkward and nervous. Because I'm all alone with Aiden and the tension is so real. I mean, we don't talk to each other. If we sit together we'd just look at each other until one of us says something random. Most of the time it's me who breaks this awkward staring game. I crack lame jokes and stuff but he never laughs. He loves to watch television and hates it when I disturb him. Sometimes he would start watching a movie and I would come and sit beside him. We'd watch the movie together, and that's when I feel happy. 

At least we're doing something together. 

Mr. Hayes picks up my call on the third ring and he sound so happy that I called.

I tell him all about my miseries ( Not about how much of an asshole his grandson is, but about how much I miss work and I want some activity in my life). He seems happy about my idea and tells me that he'll talk to Aiden. I promise to come to see him next week and we end the call.

I finish preparing the breakfast and set the table. Now, I have to wait for him to come down. I sit down and try to ignore my stomach's wails for a few minutes.

He comes downstairs ten minutes later and I see that he hasn't changed his clothes or brushed his hair yet. That's one more thing I love about the weekends, I get to see him in his comfortable clothes and he looks so handsome in those. 

He takes his seat at the head of the table and I realize that I've been thinking about how handsome he looks. I mentally scold myself and tell myself to stop thinking such things because I'm supposed to be mad at him. 

As if he cares.

We eat in silence as usual and he doesn't even praise my cooking skills. Oh well, he never does.

He takes a sip of orange juice and then looks at me.

"You called grandpa today?" He asks, I try not to show how shocked I am. I literally just called Mr. Hayes. He's so damn fast.

I look at him and nod.

"Are you mad?" I ask because his face is expressionless. 

He looks down at his plate.

"My previous secretary left her job a week ago due to personal reasons, are you sure you can handle this kind of responsibility?" 

Just like that?

"W-what?" I ask because I couldn't believe my ears. He's offering me a job like he isn't even mad about it.

"I asked can you handle being my personal assistant?" He looks at me again.

Wait. Personal assistant? I was Mr. Hayes's assistant but he never had too much work for me. 

But how can I be Aiden's PA when I'm his wife. I already am his assistant, right?

This is not the time to think such things. He's offering me a freaking job. I mean, I just called Mr. Hayes and...

Wow. Mr. Hayes, the power this man holds.

"Of course. Yes. When can I join?" I ask, sitting up a little straighter. I am so damn excited now.

He tilts his head to a side and keeps on looking at me.

"Monday. Be outside the house at 7 a.m sharp or I'll leave without you." 

"Wait, we'll go to the office together?" I ask because what the hell?

"Grandpa told me to do that, did you understand what I just said?" He wants to know. I nod earnestly.

"Yes. Thank you so much." I squeeze his hand forgetting for a moment that I'm supposed to be scared of him.

He looks a little amused at my action but doesn't say anything.

Thank God he didn't kill me.

I'm not even mad at him anymore. I'm going to work from Monday, I hope he goes easy on me.

Can life be any better? 

I don't think so.